[3.18] 🔮☄️ Aura Stacking - EZ new Uber Content ☄️🔮

how do we deal with freeze and chill? There is no flask spot for it, it absolutely fucks me over in all kind of maps. Do I look for boots with it?
"
Veruuk wrote:
how do we deal with freeze and chill? There is no flask spot for it, it absolutely fucks me over in all kind of maps. Do I look for boots with it?
You could use anomalous purity of ice... Several of the new gems gives ailment immunities if scaled with enough aura effect. And why are you using Purity of elements and Determination? As far as I know they dont do much unless you have the alt quality versions...
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Nov 19, 2020, 8:32:13 PM
howdy folks,

first time i'm playing an aurastacker, and i'm at a bit of a plateau at this point; can you wizards please help me find the next steps in upgrading this build?
here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/7sY7gxLn

i have only about 200ex to spare at this point, and the market for the next possible upgrades looks like:

Medium Cluster (i84, 6passive with 35% effect, ES, INT): 135ex
RMR Intuitive Leap: 139ex
RMR Might of the Meek: 160ex
Nebulis (Spells have a 10% chance to deal Double Damage): 300ex
Call of the Brotherhood (Zealotry): 240ex
Call of the Brotherhood (Hatred/Wrath): 380ex

i'm pretty sure i've missed out some key upgrades, so please point me to them!

one other question: is it important to have a good unreserved mana pool? i used to have one that's just slightly higher than the casting cost of spark, and the character would stutter between each cast; but visually, things looked similar to when there's unreserved capacity for 2-3 casts at a go.

thanks a bunch and have a great one!
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:
But the rings give you 100% chance to shock vs frozen enemy's so dont need lightning damage right?

You still need to deal enough lightning damage to inflict a shock. Your chance to do so if you have enough damage is 100%... but you won’t have enough damage. Also target needs to be frozen before that, which isn’t easy in itself.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
"
limevan wrote:
howdy folks,

first time i'm playing an aurastacker, and i'm at a bit of a plateau at this point; can you wizards please help me find the next steps in upgrading this build?

i have only about 200ex to spare at this point, and the market for the next possible upgrades looks like:

one other question: is it important to have a good unreserved mana pool? i used to have one that's just slightly higher than the casting cost of spark, and the character would stutter between each cast; but visually, things looked similar to when there's unreserved capacity for 2-3 casts at a go.

also u can buy POI+POL 23q and maligaros +1all gems, with enchance 4lvl it will give 22% base cold pen, this base multi with your aura effect and can go up for 110+ pen
"
ILoveFly wrote:
"
limevan wrote:
howdy folks,

also u can buy POI+POL 23q and maligaros +1all gems, with enchance 4lvl it will give 22% base cold pen, this base multi with your aura effect and can go up for 110+ pen

Thanks for the good information!

Just working the math out for myself: with +1 to Level of Socketed Gems on Maligaro's Virtuosity, Enhance4 (24%) will be improved to Enhance5 (32%). This is paired with both Purity of Ice (1% cold penetration per 5% quality; giving 23%+32%=55% quality = 11% cold penetration), and Purity of Elements (1% elemental penetration per 5% quality; giving 23%+32%=55% quality = 11% elemental penetration) for a total of 22% cold penetration and 11% penetration other elements. Stacked with aura effect, cold penetration alone goes up to 88% (at my shitty ~4x) or 110% (with a good 5x).

Based on this upgrade alone, my cold penetration (currently at ~64%) is improved by 24% (a 37.5% upgrade!). [for science, my actual pob shows an improvement of 86% > 96% cold pen, for a 12% overall upgrade]

For this upgrade, the cost looks like:
23% Purity of Ice: 40ex
23% Purity of Elements: none on sale, but projected to be ~70ex
+1 Maligaro's Virtuosity: 90ex
Tota: 200ex

Something to work towards!
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:
But the rings give you 100% chance to shock vs frozen enemy's so dont need lightning damage right?

You still need to deal enough lightning damage to inflict a shock. Your chance to do so if you have enough damage is 100%... but you won’t have enough damage. Also target needs to be frozen before that, which isn’t easy in itself.

So i should should replace my legacy Call of brotherhood with a regular one? So its not 100% converted into cold damage, and that little bit of lightning damage can shock?

And for the ele resist, i only have a little lightning res on belt, but all my ele res are different. I dont understand why. I get why lightning res is not the same as fire and cold res, but cold and fire should be equal no? getting my ele resist so i can use my legacy wise oak will be a big upgrade.
Last edited by Legendarisk02 on Nov 20, 2020, 1:24:21 PM
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:

And for the ele resist, i only have a little lightning res on belt, but all my ele res are different. I dont understand why. I get why lightning res is not the same as fire and cold res, but cold and fire should be equal no? getting my ele resist so i can use my legacy wise oak will be a big upgrade.

If you took a fast look at your gear (or in PoB) you would see that you have lightn resist on your body armor. I see that you are also using normal quality Purity of Elements and Determination? Why is that?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:
"
Jix_91 wrote:
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:

So i should should replace my legacy Call of brotherhood with a regular one? So its not 100% converted into cold damage, and that little bit of lightning damage can shock?

your cotb ring has cold/light implicit

also you will never deal enough lightning damage to shock, only if you remove one of the COTB's you will probably shock, but you will loose a ton of damage that way - this build can only shock by using skitterbots!
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
Last edited by Jix_91 on Nov 20, 2020, 1:43:42 PM
"
Dkodr wrote:
"
Legendarisk02 wrote:

If you took a fast look at your gear (or in PoB) you would see that you have lightn resist on your body armor. I see that you are also using normal quality Purity of Elements and Determination? Why is that?

Ok thanks for all advice i think i know how to fix it now.

Why i got normal quality is cuz im playing on standard.
But even without the quality gems this build feels pretty damn good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info