[3.18] 🔮☄️ Aura Stacking - EZ new Uber Content ☄️🔮

For example, the Controlled Destruction support gem now penalises critical strikes multiplicatively.

Support gem mana multipliers were generally increased across the board.

Diamond Flask. It previously granted "Your Critical Strikes are Lucky". This single effect provided a massive boost to your critical strike chance, more than any one source in the game. Because flasks no longer provide that much power, it has been changed to provide 100% increased critical strike chance instead, more in-line with the power of other flasks.

With the changes to the Diamond Flask, we didn't want the Sulfur Flask to be the best critical strike flask, so enemies on Consecrated Ground no longer have additional base chance to be critically hit.

Arcane Surge now provides increased mana regeneration rather than a percentage of mana per second, and no longer provides an increase to cast speed.

If you used basalt, thats gone, "We have reworked existing flasks such as Basalt"

Every single one of those is a nerf, and if support gem mana multipliers are high enough some players who were sitting at ~100 mana aren't going to be able to even cast spark without perhaps changing down from anomalous inspiration support to further drop spark mana requirements which is going to reduce their crit chance even further. Thats if they can even cast these spells with changes to mana multipliers.

Last edited by Jhiroth on Jul 20, 2021, 12:16:17 AM
"
Jhiroth wrote:
For example, the Controlled Destruction support gem now penalises critical strikes multiplicatively.

Support gem mana multipliers were generally increased across the board.

Diamond Flask. It previously granted "Your Critical Strikes are Lucky". This single effect provided a massive boost to your critical strike chance, more than any one source in the game. Because flasks no longer provide that much power, it has been changed to provide 100% increased critical strike chance instead, more in-line with the power of other flasks.

With the changes to the Diamond Flask, we didn't want the Sulfur Flask to be the best critical strike flask, so enemies on Consecrated Ground no longer have additional base chance to be critically hit.

Arcane Surge now provides increased mana regeneration rather than a percentage of mana per second, and no longer provides an increase to cast speed.

If you used basalt, thats gone, "We have reworked existing flasks such as Basalt"

Every single one of those is a nerf, and if support gem mana multipliers are high enough some players who were sitting at ~100 mana aren't going to be able to even cast spark without perhaps changing down from anomalous inspiration support to further drop spark mana requirements which is going to reduce their crit chance even further. Thats if they can even cast these spells with changes to mana multipliers.

Every Crit Spell build is affected by everything you just mentioned... so all crit spell builds are now dead?
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎Armour Stacking: /view-thread/3410613
‎‎VFB Magic Finder: /view-thread/3522007
The mana multipliers change to supports and damage nerf to supports is a far bigger issue.

For example, I am looking at your STD POB that has probably 25+ mirrors worth of gear. Not that most players can afford that but I will use that for example.

POB shows you at 107 unreserved mana and thats with a 1% rmr abyss jewel in your belt. If I change it to HH on your POB it shows you have 27 mana, which means you aren't casting spark with 27 mana, so either its not up to date or you dont use HH or pob is broken.

You've got 5 supports on your 6 link spark chest. Assuming any/all of them get increased mana multipliers, you may not be casting spark even with your rmr abyss belt. How many players can even find let alone buy legacy 10% rmr amulet and legacy 12% rmr helm to go with 3x rmr clusters that even allow someone to get to that tier of auras and ES. Most players using this build are gonna be significantly below your ES totals and fighting tooth and nail for every piece of RMR and in some cases even using the Divergent Inspiration Support to be able to cast effectively.

Implying changes to reservation amounts of supports isn't a huge nerf to the build seems short-sighted. Maybe the 5-10 players with full mirror builds wont be that bad off, but every other player who isnt in full mirror gear in every slot is going to struggle hard with the reservation changes it sounds like.

"
Jhiroth wrote:
The mana multipliers change to supports and damage nerf to supports is a far bigger issue.

For example, I am looking at your STD POB that has probably 25+ mirrors worth of gear. Not that most players can afford that but I will use that for example.

POB shows you at 107 unreserved mana and thats with a 1% rmr abyss jewel in your belt. If I change it to HH on your POB it shows you have 27 mana, which means you aren't casting spark with 27 mana, so either its not up to date or you dont use HH or pob is broken.

You've got 5 supports on your 6 link spark chest. Assuming any/all of them get increased mana multipliers, you may not be casting spark even with your rmr abyss belt. How many players can even find let alone buy legacy 10% rmr amulet and legacy 12% rmr helm to go with 3x rmr clusters that even allow someone to get to that tier of auras and ES. Most players using this build are gonna be significantly below your ES totals and fighting tooth and nail for every piece of RMR and in some cases even using the Divergent Inspiration Support to be able to cast effectively.

Implying changes to reservation amounts of supports isn't a huge nerf to the build seems short-sighted. Maybe the 5-10 players with full mirror builds wont be that bad off, but every other player who isnt in full mirror gear in every slot is going to struggle hard with the reservation changes it sounds like.

you seem to be misunderstanding that there is no casual variant of this build, sorry. Even in league this is a double digit mirror build to outclass others.
Where did I say there was a casual variant? What I said was, and let me re-quote:

"Implying changes to reservation amounts of supports isn't a huge nerf to the build seems short-sighted."

You know this, this is why you were (rightfully) complaining about the nerfs to catalysts on rmr, because every bit of reservation counts on the build.

Acting like every support gem (when you have 5 in your main 6 link, for example) getting an increased mana multiplier isnt a huge nerf is odd to me.

Maybe I am wrong, lets revisit this thread mid-league and see how many people are running this.
"
Jhiroth wrote:

Maybe I am wrong, lets revisit this thread mid-league and see how many people are running this.

you realize the build isn't popular in league because it is only viable for people who make more than a handful of mirrors? hence it didn't get nerfed, but buffed.

Also getting another cluster with rmr is not really an issue and will free up enough to run any spell you want. If mana sustain really is an issue you can always run mana regen on clusters (instead of life regen) or get the 70% boot enchant.
Support gem mana multiplier increases is a huge nerf to ANY build that has mana
reservation and uses those gems.

If you want to be on record saying it doesn't, be my guest.

Good luck with your build sale by the way, sick gear.
"
Jhiroth wrote:

I mean sure any build that needs mana to deal damage is nerfed by this... but im not sure how that warrants a "RIP aura stacker died 3.15"?
Pretty rough patch notes. I think the mana multipliers will require some additional messing around with having enough free mana, but build should be just fine. Might require some more investment to get off the ground.

Flask and support gem multiplicative damage nerfs are a pretty big hit.

Good to see the clusters untouched, and the Spark buff is nice, 10% top end at gem lvl 20, and 125% added damage effectiveness, making Smite ever so juicy.

I'll be going for it this league to make this build happen one more time, I'm sure it'll continue on this trend GGG is setting and become borderline impossible to achieve in the future.
Last edited by rEDNiNE150 on Jul 21, 2021, 4:15:08 AM
"
Jhiroth wrote:

If you want to be on record saying it doesn't, be my guest.

"
rEDNiNE150 wrote:
Pretty rough patch notes. I think the mana multipliers will require some additional messing around with having enough free mana, but build should be just fine. Might require some more investment to get off the ground.

Just FYI - our mana sustain isn't bricked and you will need roughly 140 free mana to cast without issues :)

Last edited by Jix_91 on Jul 21, 2021, 4:45:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info