Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

i like poe cuz it's fastest arpg on the market

if i wanna play slow paced arpg there is many other better options

i dont get why ggg making this stupid changes...
Definitely not shaping up to be too good for me with this "taste" from the manifesto before the patch notes. Really depressing like many have stated. GGG thinks players will "always" return, and this is not a sound thought process. You wouldn't expect a friend or partner to come back after you continually treat them poorly. I can't recall the last time I saw a good move for my current skill/build in a while. It is more like most stating they "hope" their skill will remain "untouched", so it can be played next league. That is pretty sad. I like to play a build a few leagues in a row to try out different things, and within my limited "scaled" abilities to min/max in a small capacity. Be able to just play than to learn something brand new. Players having to wait for patch notes to pick a build every 3 months is not too fun either. Really hard to process some of these changes every quarter considering the complexity of this game. The simple fact is a game is meant to be "fun", and when that stops happening people will move on no matter what the "pull" is the game provided initially. I enjoy in my own way this game like most. When the player seems to not be appreciated with instead being taken for granted that is a pending downfall. I'm not feeling enough "love" right now. IRL impacts all things, and games are to be an "escape" instead of adding on more stressors. There is still a lot that makes this game good. With all balance when more leans on one side than the other there will be an equivalent reaction. Have to see how it all shakes out, so we'll see.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
My vision why PoE is fun and worth to play dramatically different from your vision, ggg. On my side, I will vote with my wallet and my time for this league again, and looks like with many more leagues after.
"
fallrim wrote:
if someone wants this game to be more challenging than it is simply run your build on a 1 link, use a worse weapon, dont use a movement skill, dont use rare/unique gear.

That will never work, ever. It's not justified. You could say that for any game, dark souls too easy? Run it with a rusted sword and no armor lol. Point is, literally one guy will like it and 99.99999% wont.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
FFS. "WE WANT TO KEEP OUR VISION OF THE GAME". You've lost it. Long ago. You don't play your game. You don't have testers. You don't have any understanding of player expirience, you provide.

Just a simple example. You nerfed almost everything. But not trap builds. Because almost nobody play trap builds. But thing is... trap builds were good in 3.12, 3.13 and even in 3.14. More than that. Trap builds can blow up screens, oneshot bosses, and so on. And this patch traps will be OP AF. They will just become new META with almost same game pace. But you don't get it. You've got raw statistics, but this information is not full enough to make such changes, more than that, it makes you overlook so many things...

I know, that your developers team is pretty small, and also that three months is a very short time for new league content development. But please, pull your head out of whatever shithole you've put it in and stop PANIC. Because all this changes is just a panic. We need the game to be BALANCED, not KILLED.

Most certainly I will drop this league after two weeks. Again. Because I'm sure - it will be fucked up, like Ultimatum was. I wish you luck, GGG, I want PoE to be much better, than it is now. I love this game, and that's why it hurts.
Last edited by Lonely.Cat on Jul 20, 2021, 2:49:23 AM
"
devon752 wrote:
"
fallrim wrote:
if someone wants this game to be more challenging than it is simply run your build on a 1 link, use a worse weapon, dont use a movement skill, dont use rare/unique gear.

That will never work, ever. It's not justified. You could say that for any game, dark souls too easy? Run it with a rusted sword and no armor lol. Point is, literally one guy will like it and 99.99999% wont.

thats because people dont actually want it to be more challenging, if you honestly want it more challenging you will do things to make it more challenging. as an actual point go look up nuzelocke for pokemon games, if fans want a harder game THEY WILL MAKE IT HARDER.
"
Aisling's crafting bench that adds a Veiled modifier now first removes a random modifier, so it is riskier to use as a later step of item crafting rather than being an obvious final step because of its very consistent modifier pool.

Are we able to block some modifiers with preffix/suffix cannot be changed to prevent to complete brick our item or is not possible??
"
MetalBoBr wrote:
no nerfs to supports and aurabots. Nice.

its hilarious. lol. very nice :D
Toxic member since ExileConScam 2019. #ZeroDropGang
Last edited by x7yr on Jul 20, 2021, 3:51:44 AM
Other post was deleted so ill be nicer.
So you nerfed casual players and left the only ACTUALLY overpowered mechanic (aurabots) completely alone.
I will never understand the mindset of a company that wants to ruin its majority player bases experience to cater to a couple of elitists.
So basically deleted seismic cry from the game.
Who was using it for the stun threshold and AOE alone on bosses?

The good part is,i guess, there's less RSI. This is a buff!

ps.

Minions now 25% less HP. Nice one. Skeletons will now explode when bosses just look at them and zombs are gonna be dead weight for a long time ;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info