[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
calgon wrote:
Hey Odif!

Just wanted to say - thank you for this build!
Currently cruising through SSF and having a great time!

Here's my current setup
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/calgon/characters?characterName=Algepetersilia

I got already a Fleshcrafter since two days rdy - just not linked yet :/

Also, I'm still trying to find any prime resonators for +2 wand + helmet - but no luck so far - but I shouldn't complain.

As you see, I've tried to incorporate two curses - as soon as Fleshcrafter gets online I'd go for a snipe + enfeeble setup - or punishment, depending on the content.

Any glaring issues or suggestions on how to tackle these problems?

For example - i know that's more basic, but how'd you go about 6 linking that fleshcrafter? I've already uppd the quality to 28 and probably invested already around 700 links - should I just save up for the craft? How would you go about getting all those links? Probably heists, right?

Again, thanks for the build - this is the first time that I'm playing that much again since years!

I have never done SSF.
Getting that many fuses is insane in SSF, I have no suggestions.
Supposedly, with quality 28, it "should" only cost around 800, but rng being what it is, it could be many more.

I wish you luck.
Wait, i need to ask, i am new in this game. The skill tree looks different from 43, 83 compared to the other one, there is a little change at the beginning. Can i actually change that with the refund points? because i say some guides and they said you can only change points in the end of the branches, you cant refund points from a skill that is connecting more points
What should I put in place of Elemental Pen for the skellies until I can acquire it?

Also, doesn't Meat Shield and Feeding Frenzy contradict each other?
Last edited by Rezanow on Aug 27, 2023, 9:32:32 PM
"
RobenA wrote:
Wait, i need to ask, i am new in this game. The skill tree looks different from 43, 83 compared to the other one, there is a little change at the beginning. Can i actually change that with the refund points? because i say some guides and they said you can only change points in the end of the branches, you cant refund points from a skill that is connecting more points

It takes more refunds to do it.
You refund the end of some other branch a few points.
You use those points to make the new path, then refund the old path, then put the points back you took away at the start.
"
Rezanow wrote:
What should I put in place of Elemental Pen for the skellies until I can acquire it?

Also, doesn't Meat Shield and Feeding Frenzy contradict each other?

Controlled destruction until you get Elemental Pen

We dont use Meat Shield or Feeding Frenzy for the "agressive" and "defensive". So we dont care that they cancel. We use Meat Shield to give the zombies taunt, and damage reduction. We use Feeding Frenzy to gain the feeding frenzy buff (a more multiplier on all minion damage.)
My first minion overlord! Thanks very much for the guide, it's a lot of fun to play (even if the zombies are absolutely disgusting).
Hey, I'd just like to say thank you, with this build I could do may first kill on the Maven.

I'd like to have a note for the build, I found it to be able to do any map mods by replacing one flask with mana and turning off one aura. (Actually I have not check any mapmods this season, just carry an extra mana flask)

Thank you again!
I don't know if I've overlooked it, but I don't see a reference to the Essence of Fear - you can put minion mods on every piece of equipment with it. What would be the best use of one? Belt?
"
MadeOnMonday wrote:
I don't know if I've overlooked it, but I don't see a reference to the Essence of Fear - you can put minion mods on every piece of equipment with it. What would be the best use of one? Belt?

We dont care much about minion life or movement speed, its nice, but not worth the cost of spamming essence of fear on an item other than those that give minion damage, which is weapons and gloves.

With gloves you can bench craft it on, not as good a roll, but close enough that its usually not worth the cost of essence spam.

On weapons, we want + gem levels, but that has a low probability of showing up, so unless you have a fractured base wth +1 gems, you would take an insane number of essences to get +1 gems.

On weapons, if you want to craft, you are better off using fossils, which can give bonus to probability of getting minion mods, or gem level mods.

P.S.
if you have some essences of fear, and want to use them, toss them on a white item that is in the slot of your worst gear.
Last edited by Odif on Sep 4, 2023, 7:01:41 PM
I would like to point out that if you are using returning projectiles and sniper's mark, your returning projectiles will miss their target while returning to make skeletons and make the whole gem useless.
I would suggest using Fresh meat support on your mages it seems really useful to include.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info