Characters sent to void league on death should NOT be a map mod

maybe they should add new permanent voided league then xD
d:-D*
Agree
It's certainly a garbage decision. I agree with OP.
This looks to me like a mod thats designed for Hardcore players to make maps that are only intended for hardcore players to play through.

I think if they are willing to fork over the money to make the map, they should be able to make those types of decisions so that only other HC people can experience it.

I mean realistically even they can't stop you from running it as well, but at that point it's your decision to run a map that would just completely not exist without it anyways.

The outrage here just screams un-earned entitlement.
"
Faiynalive wrote:
This looks to me like a mod thats designed for Hardcore players to make maps that are only intended for hardcore players to play through.

I think if they are willing to fork over the money to make the map, they should be able to make those types of decisions so that only other HC people can experience it.

I mean realistically even they can't stop you from running it as well, but at that point it's your decision to run a map that would just completely not exist without it anyways.

Excellent job not understanding any of the issues being raised here.

1. HC is not voided; death sends you to standard, it doesn't make your character inaccessible.
2. Anyone can get one of these drops.
3. Not everyone will be aware that these special maps exist; in fact the majority of players will almost certainly be caught completely unaware.
4. Not everyone will be aware that such a dangerous mod exists on these maps; in fact the majority of players will almost certainly be caught completely unaware.
5. This can drop in SC too, where death normally only means XP loss so there will be less concern over map mods normally (especially for anyone who already hit 100, b/c there effectively is no death penalty other than losing a portal); and plenty of people run "alc and go" builds that wouldn't normally need to be concerned about map modifiers.
6. Once opened, this will look like portals to a regular map; even if this has special looking portals, and every single player knows to be wary of this, not everyone will know the difference between these portals and other MTX portals.
7. This might be corruptible, which means it could become unidentified, hiding the modifiers even once the map is entered.
8. Missing or misreading map modifiers happens to everyone, even pro streamer players who strictly play HC.
9. This is effectively pay-to-grief; it caters to the most toxic and malicious elements of the community.
10. There will be trolls who trick the better more helpful members of the community into losing their well-geared characters using this map. This can only serve to make the game worse and the community more toxic.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
"
"
Faiynalive wrote:

1. HC is not voided; death sends you to standard, it doesn't make your character inaccessible.
3. Not everyone will be aware that these special maps exist; in fact the majority of players will almost certainly be caught completely unaware.
4. Not everyone will be aware that such a dangerous mod exists on these maps; in fact the majority of players will almost certainly be caught completely unaware.
5. This can drop in SC too, where death normally only means XP loss so there will be less concern over map mods normally (especially for anyone who already hit 100, b/c there effectively is no death penalty other than losing a portal); and plenty of people run "alc and go" builds that wouldn't normally need to be concerned about map modifiers.
6. Once opened, this will look like portals to a regular map; even if this has special looking portals, and every single player knows to be wary of this, not everyone will know the difference between these portals and other MTX portals.
7. This might be corruptible, which means it could become unidentified, hiding the modifiers even once the map is entered.
8. Missing or misreading map modifiers happens to everyone, even pro streamer players who strictly play HC.
9. This is effectively pay-to-grief; it caters to the most toxic and malicious elements of the community.
10. There will be trolls who trick the better more helpful members of the community into losing their well-geared characters using this map. This can only serve to make the game worse and the community more toxic.

Yup nr 10 is gonna be a thing for sure.
[Removed by Support]

It's really not ok to be a certain something anymore it seems.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
"
Faiynalive wrote:

Excellent summary. +1

Such a map mod would best fit in Ruthless, which is themed around being the most punishing. Standard is themed around being forgiving. Maybe it could be a kind of pinnacle achievement in Hardcore as well, but it definitely doesn't fit in Standard.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192
cant wait to be terrified of entering hideouts where people place the portals over the waypoint
At the very least, GGG should make it so you're given a prompt to enter a map that has void league on it, warning you of the consequences of what will happen if you die.

This will also help prevent trolls from trying to push players unknowingly into them.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
At the very least, GGG should make it so you're given a prompt to enter a map that has void league on it, warning you of the consequences of what will happen if you die.

This will also help prevent trolls from trying to push players unknowingly into them.

Considering that there's no chance of the mod being removed, I think this solution is the best possible compromise.
Let each player choose which version of PoE to play:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-post/24770192

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info