Endgame giganerf?

Feels exactlty like this.
What we had:
-up to 4 modifiers from scarabs
-up to 4 extra modifiers from
-guaranteed master mission spawn, one of your choise
We could apply them to maps however we wanted. 9 guaranteed bonuses in total.
For example you could force spawn abyss, blight, elder influence and harbinger through scarabs, then activate beyond, sacred grove, delirium mirror and special shrine and spawn incursions on top of that. You had so much content management tools.
What we'll have:
Only 4 options you can add through scarabs. That's it. You no longer do something like above. I add Alva, activate beyond, add blood vessel, elder spawns. That's it. I'm out of extra mod slots.
Is crippling endgame that brutally really an "improvement"?

Last bumped on Mar 28, 2024, 8:36:49 PM
i think that's a good thing.

it's a fact that every powerful items needs some purpose in the game and being successful in getting a powerful build together should reap some rewards

but the rewards for those achievements shouldn't be exponential compared to the rewards of the average player. sorry jonathan who is of a totally different path.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Obviously its hard to say with what they've shown but GGG does have this constantly repeated behavour of selling minor QoL life as the sugar for dramatic nerf medicine.

I think giga juicing high end maps has distorted the metrics of the game so much and so much balance has been done "because Empy is dropping 10,000 unique items per map" that giga juicing is very much in need or dramatic changes and I'd be happy about them personally.

I also really have come to hate the micromanagement of maps from rolling to juicing.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
yeah no, fuck sextants. good riddance.
it was nearly impossible to supply yourself without becoming a sextant roll bot.
so TFT it was. one less reason to use that cringy discord - that's a good thing.
"
vio wrote:
i think that's a good thing.

it's a fact that every powerful items needs some purpose in the game and being successful in getting a powerful build together should reap some rewards

but the rewards for those achievements shouldn't be exponential compared to the rewards of the average player. sorry jonathan who is of a totally different path.

My gut reaction was to say this is good as players running absurdly powerful builds shouldn't be making multiple times more loot than someone else and completely devaluing the market.

However, on further reflection, this lack of influx on certain things due to crazy juicers and overpowered players is going to make some expensive items even more ludicrous. Off the top of my head, that stupid helmet Ghazzy made popular for summoners is going to get even more impossible to buy due to rarity compounded further by the diminished amount of crafting resources entering the market.

Poison SRS (finally) got nerfed this league, but it's still going to be everyone's go-to build when they all realize just how stupidly overpriced that critically important helmet is going to be.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 21, 2024, 7:16:01 PM
I think it is a slight buff for players who didn't use sextants, but just used the occasional scarab.

Overall the potential of endgame mapping has dropped significantly, meaning expect little to no payoff for juicing a map if scarab prices are high.

I think they are trying to push players to enjoy the process of mapping more than the reality of the game in trade currently. Also the servers can't handle the way the game engine currently works.

Offtopic but slightly related,

Removing sextants removes a lot of extra packs that they used to add which helps fix server side performance. Less monsters, less lag, less stuff to load.

They may end up doing what almost all other arpgs do, putting in a ton of caps so the game runs better on the server side. Like if a monster is ignited, it can't be ignited again. for example, the game tracks all ignites, even the ones that don't deal damage. they could limit poison could be capped to like 3. this kind of Stuff would fix a lot of the performance issues generally (and require a massive rebalance to a lot of skills).
i personally like the change.

i really dont like all the busywork involved in playing maps atm, ive been meaning to make a post about map busywork for about 2 years at this point and one of the gripes was sextants. one less thing to add to that post if i ever get round to it.

the atlas tree is buffed, the sextants are buffed, i dunno that we actually lost power in the end, and honestly im not rly bothered. itll be fine.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:

However, on further reflection, this lack of influx on certain things due to crazy juicers and overpowered players is going to make some expensive items even more ludicrous. Off the top of my head, that stupid helmet Ghazzy made popular for summoners is going to get even more impossible to buy due to rarity compounded further by the diminished amount of crafting resources entering the market.

Poison SRS (finally) got nerfed this league, but it's still going to be everyone's go-to build when they all realize just how stupidly overpriced that critically important helmet is going to be.

The price of Lamborghini's is too damn high?
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
The game is now way better for noobs, worse for experienced but non-sweaty players, and maybe slightly better for sweaty players. It's better for the game in the long run but for me it's honestly looking like a skip league.
now instead of being rewarded for having a good build, knowledge and experience, we get to suffer with people that have no idea what's going on. great idea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info