Cold Snap ?

"
omgsupdude wrote:
"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
hello I already tried two constructions of cold snap, it is very hard you aim at the mobs, and need vools unique. I think it needs a small buff, or at least auto-target on mobs. Any build of cold snap vools need, and this makes the player really fragile. Cold Snap need a buff. I hope you understand. The problem is the gameplay is really hard to use only cold snap as your main spell.
I'm not saying that vooll unique, needs improvement but cold snap. It would be really nice if it worked with self-target spell such as arc
2- Please make artic armor like auras, no one like to re-cast it everytimes u change maps

Use it with elemental proliferation
I already do this, thanks for trying to help
"
vools

???
Brutus. Do you even sync?
"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
"
MBata wrote:
Your suggestions are crap, L2P.

Are you related to Omar Salgado of Vancouver?
ooh king, make you sugestions ?

Why would you need to target a mob? It's AOE target an area. It's easy enough to fill the entire screen with cold snap with just a few increase area passives.

Why should arctic armour be like an aura? It's intent is completely different. It is intended to be a temporary buff, not something that you run around with 'on' all the time.

You want Cold Snap better?
Use it with totems, or traps, or mines?
Use it with power charge on critical either on the cold snap gem or something that hits often...(spark?)

The real issue is that you want certain skills/gems to do something they were not intended to do. Cold Snap is not intended to be AOE DPS, arctic armour is not intended to be always on.

You may as well ask why you can't turbo-charge a goldfish, throw darts with al-dente fettucini, or cleave with claws/dagger.

"
MBata wrote:
"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
"
MBata wrote:
Your suggestions are crap, L2P.

Are you related to Omar Salgado of Vancouver?
ooh king, make you sugestions ?

Why would you need to target a mob? It's AOE target an area. It's easy enough to fill the entire screen with cold snap with just a few increase area passives.

Why should arctic armour be like an aura? It's intent is completely different. It is intended to be a temporary buff, not something that you run around with 'on' all the time.

You want Cold Snap better?
Use it with totems, or traps, or mines?
Use it with power charge on critical either on the cold snap gem or something that hits often...(spark?)

The real issue is that you want certain skills/gems to do something they were not intended to do. Cold Snap is not intended to be AOE DPS, arctic armour is not intended to be always on.

You may as well ask why you can't turbo-charge a goldfish, throw darts with al-dente fettucini, or cleave with claws/dagger.

another boy who needs a big glasses, I already said that the area and the damage are not the problem, but it's hard to aim, if you miss you already lose a charge.
Mine on Cold Snap? Trap? Toten? I've seen that you never tested before speaking, already tested the three.
I just wanted to create a different build, even if it were not so good, have players who like to play funny builds, not always the same spark, or RF. Not always level up like crazy is all.
I just gave you a hint, and so I get criticism, but no solutions which is good.
Aah and noobs dont know, ARTIC ARMOR CAN BE USED ONLY FOR MOVEMENT SPEED WHIT QUALITY 20%. LVL 1
Last edited by AndiiSalgado on Jun 23, 2013, 12:48:28 PM
I think cold snap is good as it is. Although i'm in merci act 1 i use cold snap as is, no linked supports. I do use volls and i buffed aoe range to 40% with passives. While i do have a lot of crit from passives and 6 charges it's still not viable to only cast cold snap, that's why i use ice spear with lmp and frost nova on occasion, since both skills have higher crit chance.

Reflect is a problem ofc but i dont care since i'm on standard having my fun.

edit: if you don't have increased area then aiming might be tought for you i suppose.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
Last edited by Pivovar on Jun 23, 2013, 1:11:58 PM
Last edited by AndiiSalgado on Jun 23, 2013, 2:07:15 PM
"
AndiiSalgado wrote:
"
Pivovar wrote:
I think cold snap is good as it is. Although i'm in merci act 1 i use cold snap as is, no linked supports. I do use volls and i buffed aoe range to 40% with passives. While i do have a lot of crit from passives and 6 charges it's still not viable to only cast cold snap, that's why i use ice spear with lmp and frost nova on occasion, since both skills have higher crit chance.

Reflect is a problem ofc but i dont care since i'm on standard having my fun.

edit: if you don't have increased area then aiming might be tought for you i suppose.

yah ! bro i'm like you, really liked it, but fter 70 when u start try maps u see the problem.
Reflect whe can put a life leech, using Ghost Reaver.

See what i use for cold snap,i have other 20/20 quality gens, using on my sporker now. Just for u see gens linked 1 for AOE 1 for SINGLE mobs

obs: i cant use Faster casting on rime gaze, because of the 160% mana multipliyer of concentrated effect.
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the cool down timer.

without it, it would definitely be OP.

with it, it's useful but maybe not that useful. i tried to use it to stall mobs and give me some time, but the freeze wears off fast enough that I just died more slowly. better to just set-up an aoe skill that kills them outright.

might be invaluable against boss-types though, but haven't gotten that far with it.

Why have 2 versions of cold snap? Just have a skill that will generate you a lot of power charges like shotgunned ice spear then use up all your snaps.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info