ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
BIGLITRO wrote:
I use bino and my current dps with no charges or atziri flask is 80k (would be higher since i dont hav throatseeker)

Edit: i dont use bino anymore... GOT THIS SHIT DAMN!!!

xD
Could an aegis aurora also be a good idea if using rainbowstride to trade some spell block for more elemental dmg or it wouldbe to much loss for the dmg increase?
Given this information about Multistrike, wouldn't it make sense to substitute the Increased Critical Damage Gem with Power Charge on Critical (assuming 4 Power Charges) in the BoA setup?

Although tooltip DPS in my case decreased by about 33%, my crit chance rises from 62.1% to 82.1% with 4 power charges. Assassin's Mark increased crit chance even more to 90%.

I am curious as to your thoughts on this. Once again thank you for developing such a great guide!

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
BIGLITRO wrote:
LStrike is very easy to use once u are used to it and to be honest with this build i would rather use LStrike one million times than even think about using ST.

The lightning conversion is just too good for ur shocks and reflect mitigation, only thing u need to keep in mind is that this build is mostly based on elemental damage so if you want to optimize your dps u hav to lower enemys ele res with curses.

Imo only advantage that ST has over LS besides the kiting is the critical chance , critical chance with multistrike is tricky because with this build ur critical strike chance will be around 65% and i wont count power charges since in boss fight is impossible to keep them up if ur not using pcoc, so with 65% your critical strike chance with multistrike might seems like u got less because if your first hit with LS doesnt Crit then the other 2 wont crit but if you crit the first hit then the other 2 will crit.

Basically using multistrike will lower your dps greatly if you are not lucky with criticals so i recommend u using assassin mark as often as possible or if u feel confortable with your damage u can skip throatseeker and pick true strike and believe me the difference between 65% crit chance and 75% is HUGE and helps a ton to take down hard bosses because if u are doing a rip map (-max res or other dangerous shit) then u will hav little time to attack the boss and imo is better doing a bit less of crit damage but crit more oftenly than getting a bad luck of critical streaks with multistrike and crit a bit more harder and removing increased critical damage support gem is not an option cuz that gem increases your dps by a ton so picking true strike is a better option than switching incrased critical damage to chance or pcoc (unless u got problems with reflect, in that case using pcoc instead of increased critical damage would be a better option).

All of this is based on my own experience with the character iv tested both throatseeker and true strike and i ended up with the last one since as i told u , i rather crit more than crit less but a bit harder.

This is very interesting, thanks for posting Big. I may test it out to see how it feels, it is a
tradeoff, and MultiStrike complicates like you said because it is both both good and bad:

Good - if you do crit, you get 2 free other hits that crit. So in this case you want to max crit multiplier

Bad - if you do not crit, you waste 2 subsequent hits that will not crit. So in this case you want to max crit chance to ensure first hit with multistrike has high chance to crit

I will have to analyze the tree to see tradeoff between taking off some crit mult vs. getting any available crit chance and what the % differences are.

"
Could an aegis aurora also be a good idea if using rainbowstride to trade some spell block for more elemental dmg or it wouldbe to much loss for the dmg increase?

Hi! Thanks for asking, Aegis is not good for this build because if you wanted to get more damage there are other ways to do it. Spell block is key on this build because main weakness for evasion is spells.

Getting 20% elemental damage while losing more than half your spell block is simply not worth it.

If you want more damage you can get crit amulet instead of using Lazhwar, or take off some block nodes and put into damage nodes.

HOWEVER, as I have said many times having max spell block is key, especially for a melee player. Without you will have a hard time vs. 78 bosses and Atziri bosses, but if you are not doing this type of content then feel free to try your own variation of the build!
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Hi! Thanks for asking, Aegis is not good for this build because if you wanted to get more damage there are other ways to do it. Spell block is key on this build because main weakness for evasion is spells.

Getting 20% elemental damage while losing more than half your spell block is simply not worth it.

If you want more damage you can get crit amulet instead of using Lazhwar, or take off some block nodes and put into damage nodes.

HOWEVER, as I have said many times having max spell block is key, especially for a melee player. Without you will have a hard time vs. 78 bosses and Atziri bosses, but if you are not doing this type of content then feel free to try your own variation of the build!

You cant use Aegis because u dont hav armour to recharge your ES... xD
"
mookiiee wrote:
Given this information about Multistrike, wouldn't it make sense to substitute the Increased Critical Damage Gem with Power Charge on Critical (assuming 4 Power Charges) in the BoA setup?

Although tooltip DPS in my case decreased by about 33%, my crit chance rises from 62.1% to 82.1% with 4 power charges. Assassin's Mark increased crit chance even more to 90%.

I am curious as to your thoughts on this. Once again thank you for developing such a great guide!

Hi, thanks! It depends on what you want out of the build and what kind of weapon you have.

I don't think PCOC is really necessary given that you can get power charges from Assassin's Mark - which is almost always the case since I curse bosses and the arrows pierce and typically hit other mobs. And maybe using Inc. Crit Chance would be better since you can still get power charges from Assassin's Mark in 90% of the cases. However, it really depends on what weapon you have and what your preference is. I have a high crit chance weapon, so I can afford to not use PCOC. I also really like shocking (key part of this build) and freezing.

There is a trade off between these 3 factors:

1. Attack Speed vs. Crit Chance (with high attack speed, you can afford to lose some crit chance - I did some quick math between Honour Etcher and Dragon Hunger - even though Dragon Hunger has higher crit chance, Honour Etcher has much much higher attack speed so you will crit more often with Honour Etcher over a 5 second fight even though it has lower crit chance.

2. Crit Chance vs. Crit Multiplier. I would need to do the math to see if PCOC or Inc. Crit Chance or Inc. Crit Damage is better, simply put I will look at base stats for each, i.e. for my tooltip crit chance: how much % increase do I get to crit chance with PCOC vs. Inc. Crit Chance vs. Both, and for my tooltip crit mult % and how much % increase I get to the crit multiplier with Inc. Crit Damage on the tooltip. The one with the higher % increase will give the higher DPS gain ofc because:

Expected Crit Damage = Crit Chance x Crit Multiplier

Now ofc Accuracy plays an important role because crits are rolled twice to see if they land so it is more like:

Expected Crit Damage = Accuracy Chance x Crit Chance x Accuracy Chance x Crit Multiplier

Important to remember that a big advantage of this build is the ability to SHOCK (as well as freeze) so if you do not have enough crit multiplier you may not be able to shock and freeze some bosses - so it would not matter how high your crit chance is, you will never do enough damage to shock/freeze some bosses if your crit mult is not enough

I am pretty sure that if you are using an end-game dagger you are already doing enough damage to shock and freeze so this may not be a big deal depending on what weapon you have.

So ideally I would have to test PCOC/Crit Chance vs. Crit Damage in terms of being able to consistently shock and freeze 2nd form Palace Dominus - that is my benchmark.

One downside to stacking too much crit mult is that it really makes your damage spikey. You will see some hits do say X amount, but then once you shock and then hit crits with multistrike you will see enemies losing massive chunks of HP. Getting more crit chance will alleviate this, but at the cost of crit multiplier you will hit less harder.

Also don't forget you can use Diamond flask if you really need some crit chance:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 14, 2014, 3:36:27 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Thanks for the awnser! also would a Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt giving lit dmg be good, since it give dual res some armor and leech from litghning and shock chance? seems it would fit right in with this build?
"
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Thanks for the awnser! also would a Doryani's Invitation Heavy Belt giving lit dmg be good, since it give dual res some armor and leech from litghning and shock chance? seems it would fit right in with this build?

you can use doryani but then u will lose life and life is something that this build lacks and 1% leech doesnt worth , if you got a good dagger ( bino is a good example and a cheap one relatively ) your crits will heal your enought also remeber u can use atziri flask to boost your leech.

If there is a belt that rlly worth the effort to get good gear to compensante de loss of elemental res is meginord because you get a lot of strenght so that gives u some points u can unspec and meginord gives more dps and life than a rare belt unless you has +strengh in your belt...

So ya if u wanna work hard in your gloves , boots and rings to compensate the loss of res from belt then that belt should be meginord and not doryani.
Last edited by BIGLITRO on Sep 14, 2014, 7:15:02 PM
nice build
did uber tonight. definitely doable with a better computer,

died a couple of time due to trash mistakes,

1. desynced in a mob pack
2. didnt bring topaz flask for vaal
3. whirled into pole at trio
4. didnt move out of degen quick enough (after the last trio died)

got someone to finish atziri with the last two portals left, was not confident to finish it after so many mistakes.

thinking back could probably do atziri with two ports left since trio was down. oh well will try again.
SPorkTots

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info