ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
xMustard wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Wow, really? Sounds pretty insane. I haven't done any calcs, but post a screenshot when you can!

yup, it was taken on normal difficulty. but even playing maps i can get upwards of 7k, but not 9800 like this

Haha, that's sick
BUILD PROGRESSION

Someone asked for a leveling guide. I don't like laying out step by step path because I feel each situation is different with how you like to level and your style of play.

Below is how I would build the character from scratch. I will add character levels to the below sections but it should be straightforward to follow.

Rush to get Heart of Oak and Primal Spirit for life, life regen, mana, and stun avoidance:

Then grab Quickstep and Ondar's Guile for improved survivability and movement speed:

Next we focus on more survivability with Herbalism, Thick Skin and Revenge of the Hunted to improve our life pool and life flasks:

At this point it would be ideal to start improving our damage, so grab these quick damage boosters in order of priority: Weapon Artistry, Aspect of the Panther, Fencing, Heartseeker:

By now the build should be coming along nicely. I would then take the life leech Blood Drinker and mana leech Mind Drinker nodes so that we do not have too many issues with sustaining our attacks:

You will probably be finishing up Merciless at this point I think and we have gotten nearly all our survivability nodes and some strong phys damage. At this point you will start scaling your physical damage with the nodes by shadow for physical and dagger damage to get some high physical % increase and attack speed through Flaying, Quickness and Sleight of Hand:

At this point you will be entering maps and it is time to start greatly boosting our DPS with CRIT and DAGGER nodes. Take the following nodes in order of priority: Adder's Touch (very high crit multiplier), Assassination (high crit chance and crit multiplier), Nightstalker (very high dagger crit chance), and lastly From the Shadows (for some more accuracy and dagger crit)

If you reach this you will have cruised through all the maps and are likely level 80+ doing extremely high DPS. For level 85+ I recommend the below nodes in order of priority: Throatseeker (crit multiplier), Deadly Dilittante (another far cluster but gives crit chance and high % increased phys damage) if you want to take your DPS to even higher levels.

Lastly if you are aiming for level 95+ you are free to get whatever suits your needs like more damage (shadow phys nodes / Forces of Nature / Arcing Blows), or more SURVIVABILITY like life, evasion and movement speed nodes - i.e. Written in Blood, Survivalist, Celerity:

On a side note - if you use the POWER tree version grab the power charge node Infused as you start going through maps:

GEARING

Below is the most effective gear progression for both cost and power of items at the characters' level.

1. Newbie (levels 1 - 30)

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Amulet:

Shield:

Chest:

Weapon: Start with:

... then upgrade to ->

Belt: Start with:

... then upgrade to ->

Shoes: use rare boots OR these boots to help with Hailrake and Merveil boss fights

Gloves: good rares (life, resistances)

2. Intermediate (levels 31 - 60)

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Chest: upgrade to good rare (with life, resistances)

Weapon: upgrade to

3. Core (levels 61 - 80)

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Shield: upgrade to ->

Chest & Helm: upgrade to ->

Weapon: upgrade from Mightflay to weapon with high physical damage and crit (aim for 300+ phys.DPS), OR upgrade to Bino's Kitchen Knife.

Belt: upgrade from Meginord's to belt with phys damage, strength, life, resistances ->

Shoes: use Atziri's Step, OR KEEP using rare boots with life and resistances. Aim for high movement speed boots

4. Heart of Thunder (levels 81 - 100)

Recommended Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon Swap: upgrade to using weapon swap Curse on Hit to boost your DPS when you need to against bosses. Quill Rain + quiver with accuracy and pierce:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 31, 2014, 1:22:08 AM
You use jade flask with 97 evasion rating or the imune to curses one ?
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:

Hi! If I only take 1 Jade flask then I use the immune one because there are a lot of mobs that curse and some annoying rares with Hexfont if you run a map with nemesis mods.
Thank you for the axe version build,
the axe weapon is much cheaper than dagger in new league
Last edited by hkbutubaman on Jan 1, 2015, 8:47:58 AM
I m now starting with the axe version.

Can anyone show the dps of axe lightning strike build version?

I guess the damage might be less than the crit, pcoc dagger version?

With the same budget 10 chaos, I can find a dagger with 240 dps or axe with 290 dps.

Which version should I choose?

Thank you!
Last edited by hkbutubaman on Jan 1, 2015, 9:04:51 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:

Hi! If I only take 1 Jade flask then I use the immune one because there are a lot of mobs that curse and some annoying rares with Hexfont if you run a map with nemesis mods.

I have both your flask , when i play with party i remove Taste of Hate potion and i use 97 % evasion rating one . Only when i pvp i use Taste of Hate ( for more dps ) , atziri , imune to curses flask , rummi , hp .
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
"
hkbutubaman wrote:
I m now starting with the axe version.

Can anyone show the dps of axe lightning strike build version?

I guess the damage might be less than the crit, pcoc dagger version?

With the same budget 10 chaos, I can find a dagger with 240 dps or axe with 290 dps.

Which version should I choose?

Thank you!

Hi, the axe version was meant to be used with Double Strike xD. You really need a crit build for Lightning Strike because the real power of LS is your projectiles and your ability to shock, but you will need to crit! The projectile damage may be low if you do not have enough damage that is why it is better to use dagger crit for the LS build.

Please do not do the axe build with the LS build. Axe should use the Double Strike links. Are you using Soul Taker?
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ap0calips3 wrote:

I have both your flask , when i play with party i remove Taste of Hate potion and i use 97 % evasion rating one . Only when i pvp i use Taste of Hate ( for more dps ) , atziri , imune to curses flask , rummi , hp .

Ah that is better then! I mostly map solo. I agree in party you do not need curse immune. Also if you do Atziri you would need it for her to avoid curse reflect IF you use curses on her.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info