ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

sorry

-chance to block spells: 66%
"
Angelisha wrote:
Hello Ceryneian,

first of all thx for this great build!

I want to buy a rumi and have a few questions about blocking. You said on the first page that it is easy to get max spellblock regardless which rumi is choosen. I have the following block stats concerning to my defence tab:

-chance to block attacks: 42%
-chance to block spells: 46%

with a perfect non legacy rumi 30% Chance to Block / 15% Chance to Block Spells I would get:

-chance to block attacks: 72%
-chance to block spells: 61%

with a perfect legacy rumi 40% Chance to Block / 20% Chance to Block Spells I would get:

-chance to block attacks: 82% capped at 75%
-chance to block spells: 61%

Where am I wrong?

Hi! Thanks for writing. We get to max using the block->spell block conversion multipliers for Stone of Lazhwar and Rathpith's Globe.

Stone of Lazhwar applies 50% of your block chance to spell block
Rathpith applies up to 60% of your block chance to spell block

So if you have these 2 items you apply 110% of your block chance to spell block.

In your first example you have 72% total regular block when drinking from non-legacy Rumi's, this will get converted by 110% into spell block -> so you will get 79% spell block. Then you add the +15% spell block from Rumi's which gets you to 94% spell block, which is capped at 75%. So you do not even need the spell block mod on Rumi's.

Let's say you only have the Stone of Lazhwar amulet and do not have Rathpith. Then you will apply 50% of your block to spell block. So you would have 50% x 72% block = 36% spell block. Then the Rumi's spell block of 15% gets added so you will get 51% spell block. So without the Rathpith shield and using only the amulet you will get 72% block and 51% spell block with non-legacy Rumi.

I hope this is not confusing but there are 2 different things:

- X% Chance to Block Spells (Rumi's)
- Y% of Block Chance applied to Spells (Stone of Lazwhar, Rathpith, Saffell's Frame, etc.)

The reason I use legacy Rumi is so I can get to 75% regular block chance. But doesn't matter if you use legacy/non-legacy Bringer of Rain and Rumi you can easily get to max spell block.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 20, 2015, 7:28:13 PM
Thank your for your detailed explanation. So in the case I get a perfect legacy rumi I would get 82% Block and 110,2% spellblock where both are capped at 75%. To save costs i only need to get a legacy rumi with 33% chance to block to get maxblock for both.
"
Angelisha wrote:
Thank your for your detailed explanation. So in the case I get a perfect legacy rumi I would get 82% Block and 110,2% spellblock where both are capped at 75%. To save costs i only need to get a legacy rumi with 33% chance to block to get maxblock for both.

If you have 42% right now base block then yes you only need 33% Rumi's to get to max regular block.
I've been playing this build on my ranger, I'm now level 89. The build is great, I've made a few changes with the gear to suit it more to my playstyle. I've also decided to stick with bino's to get the life regeneration from addler's touch, plus I can't really afford a mirrored dagger at this point. My tree is the same as the one you posted, I just don't have the deadly dillitante cluster.

Life:4241
Mana:753(497 reserved)
DPS(Hatred+Ash):71.5k
DPS(Hatred+Ash+Power Charges):93.5k
Block:42/44 spell block

Gear:

I clear 78s with ease, and I've done normal atziri deathless a few times now. Haven't attempted uber yet, might after I gain a few more levels. The build feels very tanky, I have my Rumi's/Jade flask up pretty much all the time mapping, and with the addition of life leech rate gloves it's even easier to stand in the middle of packs, although you can always play ranged and stay safe.
"
I've been playing this build on my ranger, I'm now level 89. The build is great, I've made a few changes with the gear to suit it more to my playstyle. I've also decided to stick with bino's to get the life regeneration from addler's touch, plus I can't really afford a mirrored dagger at this point. My tree is the same as the one you posted, I just don't have the deadly dillitante cluster.

Gear:

I clear 78s with ease, and I've done normal atziri deathless a few times now. Haven't attempted uber yet, might after I gain a few more levels. The build feels very tanky, I have my Rumi's/Jade flask up pretty much all the time mapping, and with the addition of life leech rate gloves it's even easier to stand in the middle of packs, although you can always play ranged and stay safe.

Thanks for posting, glad you like the build. You should get a good boost once you get Dilettante cluster.

If you want more dps add in HOT since you have some mana left. I tried this but took it out when I started using light pen instead of icd since light pen is very mana hungry.
"

Gear:

Thanks for posting, glad you like the build. You should get a good boost once you get Dilettante cluster.

If you want more dps add in HOT since you have some mana left. I tried this but took it out when I started using light pen instead of icd since light pen is very mana hungry.
Awesome build so far, thanks so much for writing it! I'm still only in the leveling process of it, but I already see huge potential with the high attack speed and block chance. I just wanted to ask, do you think it would be worth it to use a non-legacy BoR in torment league until I can afford buying a legacy version in standard?
Yep, I'm that guy.
"
LlamaPajama wrote:
Awesome build so far, thanks so much for writing it! I'm still only in the leveling process of it, but I already see huge potential with the high attack speed and block chance. I just wanted to ask, do you think it would be worth it to use a non-legacy BoR in torment league until I can afford buying a legacy version in standard?

Yes you can use non-legacy BoR. You will have a little less life and less regular block (will still have max spell block). The life difference is not a big deal I have found, but feel free to grab more life nodes if you need.
Hi Noob questions here, BOR was nerf in the past. For now its like 6 additional block chance do you still recommend use it?
that is only my noob concern.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info