ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
R.I.P. Ondar's Guile you sexy thing.

It was OP and it was only a matter of time before GGG figured this out. We had a good ride.

There will be more changes to evasion characters in the future, as soon as GGG have a Mugatu-moment and finally figure out evasion and dodge are the same thing and acrobatics gets removed.

Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 20, 2015, 12:33:10 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

keep in mind that everything will be re-balanced and as we've several layers of defense and can add a new one with Fortify, without drawback, we still can be tankier then before
"
Ceryneian wrote:

keep in mind that everything will be re-balanced and as we've several layers of defense and can add a new one with Fortify, without drawback, we still can be tankier then before
Hi mate .. I have just posted my build.
You have been my inspiration ;-)

Thks for "open my eyes" .-....
I hope you like it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248737
Last edited by Alberto_Wolf on Apr 20, 2015, 6:57:45 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

It was OP and it was only a matter of time before GGG figured this out. We had a good ride.

There will be more changes to evasion characters in the future, as soon as GGG have a Mugatu-moment and finally figure out evasion and dodge are the same thing and acrobatics gets removed.

"
Ceratoidei wrote:

For sure guys we had a lot of fun while it lasted!

I expected it to be nerfed back in 1.3. I feel the Ondar's nerf and armor buffs are tied to the introduction of Atziri which was over a year ago.

Anyway, not a big deal for us - depending on how some tests go I might still keep Ondar's.

Hope some of you guys can get beta invites!
"
Alberto_Wolf wrote:
Hi mate .. I have just posted my build.
You have been my inspiration ;-)

Thks for "open my eyes" .-....
I hope you like it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1248737

Thanks bro. Nice guide! Happy you are running Uber - good luck with drops!
My Playlist for Mapping / Uber Atziri Farming:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLovFrK14dGWAOl51vChA43X4itHMQbPR3.
I add & remove songs regularly.

Looking at PoE reddit I see that Immortal Call has been nerfed so that the duration scaling from Endurance Charges is much lower than before - I think 7 charges now gives you ~4.5s IC duration.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 23, 2015, 8:44:30 AM
Is this build still nice or should i try something other?

I just returned to poe after a long break and i wanted to try something 'special'

Also as complete noob (i didnt played since like a year and i dont remember a thing) how should i link gems and which one should i use on low lvl (30)?

I see that : Quality Lightning Strike + Multistrike + WED + Inc. Crit Damage
What else should be linked?
"
rayto94 wrote:
Is this build still nice or should i try something other?

I just returned to poe after a long break and i wanted to try something 'special'

Also as complete noob (i didnt played since like a year and i dont remember a thing) how should i link gems and which one should i use on low lvl (30)?

I see that : Quality Lightning Strike + Multistrike + WED + Inc. Crit Damage
What else should be linked?

Hi, thanks for lookign at the build but it is not a good build for beginners as it requires specific gear and flasks. There is a big patch coming that will rebalance and introduce many new things so I do not recommend starting this build right now if you are a beginner.
While we are all bored waiting for 2.0 and Act 4, thought I would post some notes:

- New skill tree: http://i.imgur.com/KaHT72B.jpg. A few nodes have been shifted. The numerical values all seem the same; except Ondar's Guile ofc

- New uniques and jewels: http://tinyurl.com/o8mory4. See below for commentary on Jewels

- LS pierce chance on quality has been reduced: pierce chance per 1% quality from +3% pierce chance to +2% pierce chance

- PCOC quality changed from +1% chance to gain power charge to 1% increased critical strike chance

- WED, ICD unchanged

- Multistrike x% more attack speed at level 20 reduced from 107% to 94%

- Light pen x% lightning res penetration at level 20 increased from 35% to 37%

- Enfeeble at level 20: reduced accuracy from -35% to -37%, reduced enemy crit chance and crit multiplier from -35% to -25%

- Golems: seem not viable on the surface for this build given how few sockets we have available. Chaos golem is a tanky golem that appeals to those looking for some damage reduction, not really enticing for this build since we use damage avoidance/nullify. Fire golem is nice at range when you play melee, and ice golem is a little weaker but buffs your crits and accuracy although it seems spells and also fight at melee range which is not great since we are also melee. May be useful if they can be linked with Blind for those that are not using Bringer of Rain

- Fortify: support gem for nice damage reduction gem with 100% chance to provide buff on linked melee attack hit. Best way to implement would be to link to Reckoning although you may need to take out PCOC if you use that - this will depend on whether you prefer more damage or more defense

- Abyssal Cry: seems a bit useless on this build given that it only slows movement speed and not attack speed or cast speed of enemies. Don't think there is any use for this as you might as we do not need the AOE damage, and you might as well cast Temporal Chains if you want proper slows

- Bloodlust: interesting melee gem that gives up to 59% more physical damage against bleeding enemies at level 20. Cannot cause bleeding with supported skills. Best use will be to have separate link/method (i.e. puncture) to generate the bleed, then have Bloodlust linked in your main attack gem (Lightning Strike). This would be helpful for those that do not have a lot of crit chance on dagger so instead of PCOC or ICD you may prefer Bloodlust instead, although it takes a little more micro.

- Ondar's Guile nerfed - I think GGG is still adjusting this node because I have seen two versions with 30% more chance to evade projectile attacks and the most recent version with 40% more chance to evade projectiles. Both with 20% less evasion against melee attacks. Just like with the Acro nerf GGG has made this node more suited for bow users than melee users. Vast majority of bow builds rarely get touched by melee enemy so this is still good node for them.

However on this build we play mostly at melee so key things this effects are Atziri, Piety, reflect, and maybe some of the new Act 4 bosses once we hae seen all the bosses. I plan to unspec from Ondar's Guile and do some tests. This will save 2 points I think.

If you play quad-defense build then it is not any problem, however if you play the original build you will need to be careful with reflect packs and make sure Rumi and Jade flask are up. Use phys to light gem for physical reflect maps if you need to. Ele reflect maps will not be doable.

- Jewels: For this build key unique jewel to try is Intuitive Leap to get Phase Acro without taking Acro. This will allow you to add spell dodge with no block penalty.

- Another interesting unique jewel is Coated Weapons to gain 5% physical damage added as chaos damage for 70 dex in radius

- Scion looks like a great starting area now given how many jewels she can socket. I expect people to craft some crazy jewels - i.e. attack speed, crit mods etc. so the more jewel sockets you have in your build path the better ofc. I will post Scion alternative tree.

- Vigilant Strike: TBD

PS: If you are playing Closed Beta with this build feel free to share your thoughts!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 28, 2015, 12:32:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info