ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
murdernom wrote:
"
Perhaps you are correct in that it is not desync, per se. My issue when using Mightflay is that the attack sequence itself stutters, when facing larger packs. Unfortunately, during my attack stutter, the mobs keep hitting me and i'm watching my HP go down, chugging life flasks. Against a single opponent (say a rare or boss) after the pack is dead, the attack sequence is seamless; even if it moves away I finish the sequence and follow, no probs. With the sword everything is seamless and smooth, whether the targeted monster moves or stands still while i finish it off.

I was experiencing the same thing, sometimes there was no weapon attack animation but the mobs were dying. I macroed /oos and tried it every pack, nearly every time I would move to another position showing it was out of sync.

Hmm, this must be some sort of bug then. I will test myself and see.
New video!

Test on a Poorjoy's Asylum map for Frenzy. Hope you enjoy the vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhSMoBFA1es

I am using Frenzy, and Hatred+Haste to get over 20K damage with Frenzy, APS were 12.8 (this is very high, so unless you have Soul Taker the mana for Frenzy would be very hard to upkeep). No Grace, so my evasion is about 36%. With the Jade flask I get up to about 53% evasion. What kinda sucks about the Jade flask is that it only gives enough for 1 sip.

This is the Jade flask I am using, the crit strike mod is not really useful but I was looking for a flask that gave a high % increase to evasion rating.

The below links are what I am currently using for my curses and auras. Support gems linked to CWDT gem are not limited by CWDT level requirement, so my level 20 Increased Duration gem is doubling the duration of my level 5 Temp Chains. I can also swap out ID for Enduring Cry in the red socket depending on map type (I keep ID in for high spell damage maps). For my gloves, the blue socket is a placeholder - I sometimes may put in Purity of Elements/Lightning but usually just hold the Portal gem there.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 21, 2013, 11:11:08 PM
so we should aim for frenzy instead of double strike now?

is it worth getting ferocity and savagerie passive (+1 frenzy charge) we are 3 nodes away of those 2 passive
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
so we should aim for frenzy instead of double strike now?

is it worth getting ferocity and savagerie passive (+1 frenzy charge) we are 3 nodes away of those 2 passive

Sorry, I should have been more specific - Frenzy is for those with Soul Taker or who manage to somehow get very high mana regen, I had tested it before and the mana cost is extremely high because of the high attack speed. The use of Frenzy had been debated twice in the guide. I decided to stick with Double Strike for the build because I know a lot of people do not have Soul Taker. I had not made a vid for Frenzy yet to show the alternative skill use with this build, so I decided to make one - similar to how I made a test vid for Dominating Blow.

For further clarification, these are some other skills people have asked to use with the build:
- Infernal Blow
- Lightning Strike
- Cyclone
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 23, 2013, 12:39:44 AM
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
Great guide! I'm currently working on act 3 merciless (level 62) and I found this axe. Will it work well for end game or do I need to save up to buy a better one? I'm currently trying to save up for Bringer of Rain.

A little update to this post. I was able to get a new weapon and I got a mana leech ring that doesn't suck. I'm still having mana issues but it's not that bad (mainly just single target). Currently 73 and finished merciless. Farming piety now until I can finish my gear set then I'll move onto maps.

Spoiler

I also got this weapon but I don't really need it atm but the mana leech on it is nice.
Spoiler
what kind of armor do you use? i know it has to be like 5~6 link to do the double strike comp. i want to know other options that you use.
like resistance, or evasion or...etc..
"
ATLChrome wrote:
what kind of armor do you use? i know it has to be like 5~6 link to do the double strike comp. i want to know other options that you use.
like resistance, or evasion or...etc..

Hi, I use Bringer of Rain - it is a 7L helmet giving Blind and +15% Block Chance. Using that helm - you cannot use a chest piece. If want to use a chest piece and a different helm - you should get gear that gives high evasion, life, and resistances.
Updated Guide:
- New vid added: Poorjoy's Asylum
- Level 89 stats added
- Current gear and gems added (I am testing Frost Wall linked to CWDT)
- Flask section added
- Prices updated
- Added Frenzy alternative tree
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 23, 2013, 4:50:36 AM
New vid added!: Test for cyclone: Academy Map: 2x Bosses
- mods included -max, and extra fire damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zyArXUI-w

I have Cyclone linked to Concentrated Effect, Life Gain on Hit, and Added Fire Damage = about 19K damage.

Credits to Alexlulz and Cloudtemplar for the ideas.

Tips for Academy boss:

- Can't stay in 1 spot - those whirlwinds from the boss stack and do a great deal of damage up close if you stay in one spot. Cyclone is a good skill here
- Curse Immunity (from flasks) - boss spams you with a lot of curses like Temporal Chains, Enfeeble, Vulnerability, etc.
- Molten Shell / Immortal Call on trigger - to give you some breathing room from the damage

Main advantage of Cyclone is that you cannot be stunned or knocked back when you are cycloning, you also do not have to use melee splash or multistrike gems. The downside is that the skill causes a lot of desync I have found. You also cannot curse/leap slam while cycloning.

EDIT:

Another great unique that can be used for levelling up:

This Briskwarp - very powerful. Great chest giving a ton of evasion that can be used at level 9! I am leveling a Scion with it and it was giving 50% tooltip chance to evade when she was level 20, and 44% chance to evade at level 26 - this is without any evasion nodes in the tree. Has other nice stats: movement speed, attack speed, cold res, mana recovery from flasks. Cost ~2 chaos.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 24, 2013, 10:50:05 AM
I have been testing out a high level Temporal Chains casted manually. Temporal Chains + Enhance + Chill (from Hatred/Soul Taker) = some serious OP slow: 78% effective slow (on movement speed, cast speed, and attack speed) with level 2 Enhance, level 3 Enhance will give 82% effective slow. I believe Chill and Temporal Chains stack additively, as multiplicative stacking would be really OP.

I was testing this out with a level 19 20%Q Temporal Chains and level 2 Enhance, I noticed with Chill from Hatred/Soul Taker that mobs were slowed to a crawl it was insane.

Downsides are that Temporal Chains has a very short duration of ~5.5s on regular mobs. Unique bosses also have a 70% curse effectiveness which reduces both the slow effect and duration of Temporal Chains so you have to keep casting every 4s or so keep the curse up on the Unique boss - which is a pain. One alternative I have used in the past is to link the curse to a Spell Totem so that it constantly spams, and provides some distraction. Links could be: Spell Totem -> TC -> Enhance -> Faster Casting.

EDIT:

- Just hit level 90, will be upgrading stats. Also - single target variant of Double Strike (swap Melee Splash for Added Fire Damage) can reach ~29K damage with Hatred and Haste.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 24, 2013, 4:23:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info