ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

im not quite sure how you do your mana....

i have 450 mana (lvl 67)
and with a lvl 18 reduced mana gem i have 54 mana left.... and ma double strike cost is 54...
so i can only perform 1 attack then i am out of mana....2% mana leech...

also i saw you using tempest shield? how do you use grace+hatred+tempest shield?

just read this:
"
- Use the Reduced Mana gem to help reduce the mana reserve of these auras (the Reduced Mana gem gives a 75%+ reduction in mana cost at level 16+): Purity for elemental resistances (can be reduced from 40% reserve cost -> ~30% reserve), Hatred for DPS increase (60% reserve -> ~45% reserve), Tempest Shield for block (25% reserve -> ~19%).

but i already have max resist with only my gear so i dont need purity of element i would prefer haste or grace.... any way to do this?

ALSO,
i only have 4.5K DPS WTF? why?

i have a 5L armor:
all gem lvl 17:
double strike
melee splash
multistrike
lGoH
faster attack (didnt get RRRRG yet)

i have physical dmg on both my ring and i have meginord belt...
haste+hatred activated
and my 1 H mace is around 260 PDPS
=4616 DPS (tooltips)
so what am i doing wrong? how do you guys even reach 10k dps?

GEAR:
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jan 29, 2014, 11:41:26 AM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
im not quite sure how you do your mana....

i have 450 mana (lvl 67)
and with a lvl 18 reduced mana gem i have 54 mana left.... and ma double strike cost is 54...
so i can only perform 1 attack then i am out of mana....2% mana leech...

also i saw you using tempest shield? how do you use grace+hatred+tempest shield?

just read this:
"
- Use the Reduced Mana gem to help reduce the mana reserve of these auras (the Reduced Mana gem gives a 75%+ reduction in mana cost at level 16+): Purity for elemental resistances (can be reduced from 40% reserve cost -> ~30% reserve), Hatred for DPS increase (60% reserve -> ~45% reserve), Tempest Shield for block (25% reserve -> ~19%).

but i already have max resist with only my gear so i dont need purity of element i would prefer haste or grace.... any way to do this?

Xeno - check the mana tips section in the 2nd post of the guide. I put all the mana tips there. You need to increase the size of your mana pool - I would aim for 600+ mana. Also, you may have to run with 1 aura in the meantime - you don't need Haste. It does not give a lot of DPS compared to Hatred, and it only makes your mana issue worse because it is increasing your attack speed and also reserving more mana. Get more mana leech from gear or by the Shadow node. If necessary get the other mana nodes (Mana Flows, Primal Spirit etc) - which are both right near the tree path.

I am not using Tempest Shield - you may be looking at an old video where I used to run with Tempest Shield. Right now I don't have enough slots to run Tempest Shield. I was also using Soul Taker so I could reserve as much mana as I could using the Purity + Hatred + Tempest Shield combo.

For auras you really only need:
1. Hatred plus 2. Grace OR 3. Haste. If you have a good Jade flask (one with % increased evasion mod of 90%+) then you do not need Grace (I can get 60%+ evasion for like 6s with a Jade flask and without Grace, which is why you see me with Haste and not Grace anymore). Haste doesn't really add that much DPS and as I mentioned above it makes your mana issues worse, so you really only need Hatred with this build.

DPS - I get a lot of questions on DPS. You need to compare my gear vs. yours, also consider the levels. I am using Bringer of Rain which adds a LOT of DPS, and I am a higher level so most likely I have taken more damage nodes. If you want really good DPS - you need to get specialized weapon nodes (i.e. axe nodes, or mace nodes). You need a strong weapon too of 300+ DPS end game, this plays a huge role because it is being increased by all your damage nodes.

Also - make sure you are looking at the right tooltip for Doublestrike and not your autoattack tooltip (some people have been posting this).

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 29, 2014, 8:37:59 PM
aww ... so its not viable if you cannot afford a BoR nor a Soul taker...or godly 300PDPS weap...
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Haste is a pretty bad aura overall. And by "pretty bad" I mean "any other damage aura is probably more DPS".
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
aww ... so its not viable if you cannot afford a BoR nor a Soul taker...or godly 300PDPS weap...

There are many people doing the build without BoR or Soul Taker. You had asked questions before about DPS without BoR and Soul Taker and several people posted their stats for you. There are also those who are customizing the build to their liking - i.e. more DPS customizing, dual-wield customizing, or even dagger crit customizing.

If you don't think the build is "viable" for you - no problem.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 29, 2014, 11:21:50 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
Haste is a pretty bad aura overall. And by "pretty bad" I mean "any other damage aura is probably more DPS".

Haste is not that great, but it has 2 advantages - i) increasing your LGOH, and ii) it is a green aura like Grace - so if I really want to play defensive I can easily swap out Haste for Grace in the green socket without having to change colors.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 29, 2014, 11:18:49 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

Haste is not that great, but it has 2 advantages - i) increasing your LGOH, and ii) it is a green aura like Grace - so if I really want to play defensive I can easily swap out Haste for Grace in the green socket without having to change colors.
I have a tendency to just put in Purity of Ice. It's cheap, makes me a bit less likely to be frozen, and Haste's DPS returns just aren't enough for me to get behind. Like ever.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Is Aegie Aurora useful for this build?
IGN - Duck_Ya
"
erimin5 wrote:
Is Aegie Aurora useful for this build?

IMO it will be a waste, Aegis shines with big ES and Armor builds, this build lacks both... If you want Aegis, you'll want to also get Iron Reflexes, in other words, Aegis goes against the basics of this build.....

Best shield for this build is either the one Tiurakh uses for spell block or a very high Eva shield... Over 1k would be good.
I want to thank you for that build.

i'm using that chest but i can't get 4 red sockets ever. Any tips for me for more dps ?
I actually dislike using blind not link into double strike. Mines are not comfortable and the totem just dies.
im lvl 81

i use hatred and purity.

here the rest of my gear
Soul taker is a lot of Exalt and nothing is in my budget to get a better wep i think.
Also i don't got any problem regarding the spell block should i need to change for rainbowstrides still?

Spoiler

Constructed comments are welcome !
Last edited by elitekami on Feb 3, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info