Hardcore QUIZ - you think you have what it takes? (Tips on HC)

This is a quiz to test yourself if you're ready for HC league! Actually, it is a fun way to learn some tips and tricks on how to stay alive.

Click here to take the quiz!

Cheers!

Some quick tips for a new HC player

*Always cap your res! This is very important (especially after lvl 50)

*Favor life instead of damage! Try and aim for at least 200% life if you're playing melee, maybe try 160% life and 120% es on a hybrid spellcaster etc.

*Flasks are VERY important! Don't postpone flask rolling, you can easily die from bleeding while leveling! Always try and have at least one instant recovery flask, remove freezing flask and remove bleeding flask.

*DON'T RUSH! This is how I die almost every time. Rushing into a big pack with a few tough rare monsters, some tough mods etc. Take your time, kite, observe. Self discipline is what hc is all about!

*Don't waste your currency! It's not a good thing in any league, but especially in hc, since hc really requires from you to have a great gear to maximize your chances to stay alive! Try and buy linked leveling gear, don't try and chrom 3 red sockets on ES body armour etc.

*Try and have more defenses! Fortify, armour, evasion, acro, MoM, hybrid, leech...

*Pick your first build wisely! Don't play a build that requires expensive uniques.. Try something cheap first.

*Don't play maps that are your level. If you are lvl80, playing maps lvl 70-72 will be just fine. Also, roll easy mods until you're sure you can handle tougher ones.

*Skip some bosses. Don't push it.

*Watch out when playing masters missions! Vagan can be tough, always check Zana's mods on daily maps...

*Enfeeble! 30% LESS dmg. Use it.

*Don't open strongboxes before you identify them! Try and use smoke mine when opening em.

*Have and alt+f4 macro if you're not strongly against it! I know it's cowardly, but still..

*Don't play if you're tired!

Last edited by kralj87 on Sep 24, 2015, 3:38:25 PM
88/90

Missed 2 points from number 6
84/90 if I take the test basing on my past experience and decisions. Still 4 levels to go before I die:D

Amusing test, and for sure a must-check for new players who never tried HC.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Thx! Updated with some straight up tips!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info