Assassin or trickster? Please help!

I can't decide which one to pick for my coc build. I already have some decent elreon rings. Which would be better?
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 10:38:23 AM
Bump
i would take trickster for more survivability + free movement skills (cyclone)...
therfore you dont need elron rings which are expensiv and you can reserve 100% mana
I consider the Assassin to be hands down better for CoC. Deadly Infusion is amazing. I have 95% cyclone, EK and Bladefall crit at level 74 and the only crit chance on my items is the 40% implicit from the vagan dagger. The additional crit multi is also pretty sweet. This allows you to invest resources elsewhere. IMO it more than makes up for having to use Elreon jewellery for the manacost.

Also, it's not like you must immediately hit 0 manacost for cyclone. You can combine one or two Elreon rings with clarity (or clarity on bloodmagic if you are life-es hybrid) or use warlord's mark - blasphemy and the occasional mana pot until you get there.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 9, 2016, 6:41:19 AM
Hmm...I do have a couple good elreon rings so maybe assassin? But I do feel sort of squishy though. I can't decide!
Get Vaal Pact and life leech plus Warlord's Mark on CwdT and/or Herald of Thuner + curse on hit, grab some ES items and transition to life + ES hybrid after level 60, with the plan to go full CI or lowlife at higher levels when you get better gear and you won't feel squishy at all. Once you get ~2k ES, get Ghost Reaver too.

The only way to get a good HP pool with Shadow is to use some form of ES. Combined with Vaal Pact, leech gem and Warlod's Mark and the Assassin's DPS output with Deadly Infusion, you'll be more than fine. I started mapping at 70 and have facetanked everything up to and including Collonade, Jungle Valley and Torture Chamber bosses until now (77). The only thing I dodged was Torture Chamber's lazer. I now have 3400 hp and 2800 ES but actually had 3k life and 2,3k ES most of the time. Disclaimer, I don't consider this a good HP pool - with decent items and CI, 10k ES will be easily achievable.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2016, 3:34:17 AM
both are totally viable options but imo trickster is the way to go...
you can have 100% mana reserved = more def/off
free movement skills = cyclone and whirling for free
if you go ci you get at least 200% increased ES on the tree + INT which results in at least 1k es more...
you get 500 flat EV aswel which results at least around 100% ev from the tree into 1k ev...
ontop of that you gain 20% as = more dmg

please consider that a coc doesnt lack one thing... and that is dmg...
has anyone done a flat comparison of just assassin vs trickster? i use ranged totem and assassin is pretty awesome but i buff dmg with frenzy and could use a bit more def stuff that trickster provides, would the dmg drop off be significant in the switch? i currently have 7 frenzy charges. and use either tornado shot or ice arrow totem
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Assassin Or Trickster?

Assassin Ascendancy skills are made for one versus one fights. It has higher DPS.
Trickster Ascendancy skills enable you to survive longer and face groups.

Assassin fighting strategy is to go-in and all-out attack.
Trickster Build requires the fighting strategy to hit opponent till four seconds after Energy shield drops a bit, then *run* till energy shield recharges to max. Then repeat the process.

Currently, Maim does not block usage of movement skills, so that helps the Trickster.

But since it is almost impossible for a human player to be so accurate while playing, the Assassin is bound to win the one versus one duel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info