Forum font has a invisible drop shadow that makes highlighted font blurry

When you highlight font on the forum you'll notice it has a very subtle drop shadow effect, this effect makes the highlighted font extremely blurry looking/double vision effect/painful to look at/read.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 28, 2016, 2:50:55 PM
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2016, 7:24:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not sure what you're seeing. The highlighted text looks nice and crisp to me (despite the tiny shading); I'm using Chrome on Win10, with settings as default as they get. Check your browser settings perhaps, you can generally mess with font displays there.

Firefox 51 x64 Beta, it's also like this in Firefox x86 50.1.0 stable and various older versions. Windows 10 x64. It's actually been an issue for a long time (years?), I maybe even reported this eons ago (or decided it wasn't worth anyones time to fix and just ignored the issue).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Dec 28, 2016, 6:01:15 PM
Well, there is a text shadow at line #7266 of the CSS for the forums that only applies to objects from the title down which are the only objects blurring during that highlight. When that application has the focus it applies the odd blue blur but when you remove focus from Firefox it applies the proper gold (#ac9c5b) color to the blurr. That being said the blur is almost unnoticeable for regular viewing.

Edit: it appears to be there to allow the thread title to appear different and might be incorrectly cascading down into the regular posts instead of stopping at the title.

Edit 2: It appears to just not be working in chrome right now as the thread title is visually the same as all other text on the page while it appears different in Firefox.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Dec 28, 2016, 7:29:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info