Elemental Hit

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 24, 2024, 3:03:30 PM
Is it intended fore Ele hit not to work with +2 to projectile skills corrupt?
Last edited by Brywithay on Jun 11, 2018, 12:01:10 PM
"
SlashGiefs wrote:

It does not have a "Projectile" Tag: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Hit
I'm trying a cold-only elehit build with yoke of suffering and hrimburn to apply all four ailments. Turns out that disabling fire from being chosen also prevents you from applying ignite by any means. You don't even get a 0-damage ignite for a little more damage scaling, just nothing.

I'm just going to reroll avatar of fire bogus conversion like everyone else for now, but I hope in the future elemental hit will have more diverse applications than a single effective strategy eclipsing all others. Or perhaps it's finally time for avatar of lightning/cold or more sources of conversion in general?
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
"
raggapaul wrote:
"
SlashGiefs wrote:

It does not have a "Projectile" Tag: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Hit

"Bow" should imply "Projectile". None of the bow-only gems have a separate Projectile tag either. I don't have this corruption, but are you saying that +level to projectile gems doesn't work with Split Arrow and such either?
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
raggapaul wrote:
"
SlashGiefs wrote:

"Bow" should imply "Projectile". None of the bow-only gems have a separate Projectile tag either. I don't have this corruption, but are you saying that +level to projectile gems doesn't work with Split Arrow and such either?

I thought the same, but PoB doesn´t count it as a gem level bonus, too. But I dont have a corrupted +projectile gems item so I cant test it.
"
Torrenz wrote:
I'm trying a cold-only elehit build with yoke of suffering and hrimburn to apply all four ailments. Turns out that disabling fire from being chosen also prevents you from applying ignite by any means. You don't even get a 0-damage ignite for a little more damage scaling, just nothing.

I'm just going to reroll avatar of fire bogus conversion like everyone else for now, but I hope in the future elemental hit will have more diverse applications than a single effective strategy eclipsing all others. Or perhaps it's finally time for avatar of lightning/cold or more sources of conversion in general?

I am running into this same issue, I originally thought it was because maybe hrimburn required some type of fire damage to proc the ignite chance, much like call of the brotherhood requires some lightning damage to inflict shock. However; even with the Three Dragons helm, the cold damage still does not ignite.
"
Advent07 wrote:
I am running into this same issue, I originally thought it was because maybe hrimburn required some type of fire damage to proc the ignite chance, much like call of the brotherhood requires some lightning damage to inflict shock. However; even with the Three Dragons helm, the cold damage still does not ignite.

This is working as intended. Ignite always deals Fire damage, regardless of which damage type you use to cause it. If you can't deal Fire damage, you can't Ignite no matter what you do.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
raggapaul wrote:
"
SlashGiefs wrote:

I've tested in game, the +2 projectile doesn't work on any of the bow skills (including the hybrid ones like elemental hit and frenzy), but does work with stuff with the projectile tag (like lightning Strike, ethereal knives, and GMP).

This is of course confusing, because supports like GMP say "supports projectile skills", yet work with bow skills. Evidently, Bow Skill Gems are "Projectile Skills", but they are not "Projectile Gems". GGG should look into cleaning up the tagging system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info