Use L2 to add four more hotkeys

As far as i can tell L2 is not used in PoE at all, why not use L2 like R2 and add 4 more skill buttons? I could really use them to map some reserved skills to them.
Last bumped on May 6, 2019, 9:39:25 AM
+1
The same for Xbox.
As I understand it, the limit of 8 Skills is Game wide, not a restriction on Console - so getting more skill binds is a big ask, not just QOL. What PC does have is more choice about where to bind the 8 skills (while Console does not even have an in-game button remap function).

L2/LS does have uses. That is how you lock your Character in place, and it affects how some Movement skills work.

I think that GGG missed a big and obvious opportunity though by not making L2/LS and R2/RS act as alternative function keys within menus. Using them to just move between Stash Tabs is such a waste.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
The issue is that PoE has a lot of inputs to manage and controllers have very limited inputs available. Warframe has similar problems and even after 5 years they still haven't optimized how a controller works; it's usable, but has many issues for advanced gameplay.

It's like potions in PoE; they work, but are far from optimal when you need to constantly cycle them. Having to hold L2 to free aim skills is also problematic. It's also like having interact/pickup default to a button when a skill can be assigned to that same button making for some very awkward situations.

Hopefully GGG takes the time needed to optimize controller inputs and options, but given that they have not on Xbox it doesn't look promising. To be fair, DE and GGG both seem to neglect controller support, either from ignorance or because it is too low of a priority. Both of these devs need a console-only player on staff who plays with a controller as this would go a long way in advocating/prioritizing the necessary changes. I mean potions are a joke with the default layout.
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
As I understand it, the limit of 8 Skills is Game wide, not a restriction on Console - so getting more skill binds is a big ask, not just QOL. What PC does have is more choice about where to bind the 8 skills (while Console does not even have an in-game button remap function).

L2/LS does have uses. That is how you lock your Character in place, and it affects how some Movement skills work.

I think that GGG missed a big and obvious opportunity though by not making L2/LS and R2/RS act as alternative function keys within menus. Using them to just move between Stash Tabs is such a waste.

It is also used on skill placement, like totems

Also, PC get 10 skills bound, while we get 8 (virtually 7, since one button is used to pick itens on the ground and is unpractical to use a skill bounded on that button), and flares / dynamites consumo some of that while delving

That being said, i still think we could use another set of skills. It would help a lot.
Asking for more possible places to bind Skills seems reasonable. I do not think that asking to be able to bind more Skills will get any where. But if we had more spots, then they could be used for stuff like Flares and Dynamite, and as pointed out, free up the Action button (X or A).

But to make the proposal complete, we still need a resolution for the existing uses of L2/LS.

Not sure where the 10 skills on PC comes from unless it includes Flares and Dynamite?
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info