Tane Octavius encounter crash still happening with 3.9.0.b...

Unfortunately patch could not fix this annoying problem.

You can test it in Act 2 - The Old Fields.
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2019, 8:19:50 AM
that's where i was crashing earlier that i just stopped playing
Have similar problem. In the map to the "left" of act 2 town (don't know eng name) when the Diver and mixer appear - videodriver crashes. And even if that jar is on the map - it reappears when you try to leave to the next map!
Oh, that's how you edit posts. Looks like turning on DirectX9 helps. Did it, tried sommon Octo 3 times - no glitches. To do so you need to go to your Document, My games, Path of Exile. Open production_Config and change "directx_version" to "directx_version=9Ex".
Last edited by FadingDuch on Dec 14, 2019, 4:45:38 AM
same problem here.
Gotta restart my pc when game crashes.
Same problem issue not fixed after 3.9.0C.
Can't progress any further than Act 2.
Hello,

same issue - when encountering Metamorph encounters (Tane Octavious) my PC crashes and my screen goes black -> I only hear sound. I have to do a hard reset of my PC in order to work it again. happesn only since the new league.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD 5700 RTX
"
FadingDuch wrote:
Have similar problem. In the map to the "left" of act 2 town (don't know eng name) when the Diver and mixer appear - videodriver crashes. And even if that jar is on the map - it reappears when you try to leave to the next map!
Oh, that's how you edit posts. Looks like turning on DirectX9 helps. Did it, tried sommon Octo 3 times - no glitches. To do so you need to go to your Document, My games, Path of Exile. Open production_Config and change "directx_version" to "directx_version=9Ex".

The DirectX workaround didn't work for me, was still crashing.
I'm working around it myself now and will not pick up any metamorph component anymore! ^^ ...until GGG fixes it of course.
yup, im still crashing despite 3.9.0. b & c whenever tane gets summoned.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688785/page/31
Here is a big thread 'bout this.
Please post there if you have crashes in all maps or just in some of them (for me it's Old Fields and Northen Forest for now).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info