Six Sockets

I found out I need soul mantle for my build, so I got one. It has four sockets but I need six. I use 27 jeweler's orb and it didn't go past four. I did a google search, and it said my item has to be 20% + quality. When I looked at my soul mantle it did not have a quality and this confused me. Normally on the rest of my gear it will say quality 6%, but it says nothing on my soul mantle.
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2020, 2:11:05 PM
To improve armor quality you need an item called armourer's scrap, it's pretty common, you probably have already a bunch saved in your stash.
to six socket a piece of armor you don't need quality at all but can improve your chances by a little
The Item has to be of a specific item level that it is possible to have six sockets on it at all.

If your item is of lower item level using jewellers is a loss of time and currency.

The path of exile Wiki page should mention what item level you need.
Then you can mouse over your item and click alt: it should indicate the item level.

Greetings

EDIT: Sorry - not sure why I read 5 sockets. You said 6. Minimum ilevel is 50, and the bench wants 350 jeweler's. And then you have to link them. A 6L is a long way off at this point. Looks like you just started yesterday.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 5, 2020, 7:18:29 PM
Hold alt and mouse over the item to see the item level or ilevel for short. If the ilevel is less than 50 you're not going to be able to get six sockets on that item the conventional way. You'll have to get the 6s recipe for your crafting bench and then you can add 6s.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
If you just started the game, you shouldn't even be attempting a 6 socket. It's RNG. Sure, you could get very lucky and get 6 sockets with 27 jews. But more likely it will take over 100, and potentially many hundreds.

As someone else mentioned, it costs 350 jews at the crafting bench. That means "on average" it will take somewhere near that many jews to get six sockets. But with RNG, it can vary radically.

Getting six links is far harder than six sockets, if that's what you are trying for. Some people spend thousands of fuses and don't get a six link.

You are better off buying it already socketed and linked. It's not cheap buying it, and there is a good reason for that.
"
Makevelli300 wrote:
I did a google search, and it said my item has to be 20% + quality.

This is nothing but a rumor. Some people believe that it will socket and link quicker if it's 20% quality.
It doesn't NEED to be 20% quality, in fact it can be 0% and you will still be able to 6 socket it.
"
Gulch wrote:
This is nothing but a rumor.

It's not a rumor. It's in the 2.2 patch notes.

"When you use an Orb of Fusing or a Jeweller's Orb on an item, the item's quality is no longer consumed. The way that quality affects the result has also been changed. Each 1% quality improves the result by 1%. This makes the Fusing process 20% easier on 20% quality items, for example."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596094
"
harddaysnight wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
This is nothing but a rumor.

It's not a rumor. It's in the 2.2 patch notes.

"When you use an Orb of Fusing or a Jeweller's Orb on an item, the item's quality is no longer consumed. The way that quality affects the result has also been changed. Each 1% quality improves the result by 1%. This makes the Fusing process 20% easier on 20% quality items, for example."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1596094

This is why its less expensive to link rares too. Roll that base with perfect fossils and then craft on quality for a sweet 45%+ chance that your fuses work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info