Mac game locking up, eventually taking down whole computer

Solaris 1, I had a few times when the game froze for about 10 seconds, then recovered. Solaris 2, the freezes started coming more frequently and lasting longer; the last few were several tens of seconds separated by less than a second, and eventually it just stuck.

During these freezes, the cursor was usually a spinning pizza of death. Occasionally it was a normal cursor, occasionally it was gone entirely. PoE music still played just fine. I was unable to command-tab out of the program, to command-option-q to quit, or even to command-option-escape to force quit (this is very bad!) - I eventually had to manually turn off my computer.

The second attempt, I made it to Solaris 2 without a hitch (my instance was still live. I noticed something funny with the map though. It was fully revealed, and then some. You'll see...

The freezes came back, eventually locking me up interminably as I passed the Lady of Purity's pool. Third attempt (which was the time I actually used the bug command) I had a few freezes, but made it to the waypoint, and thence Dialla, and was able to complete her quests, waypoint back to town, quit, and write this report.

Thanks for making the Mac version!
Last edited by Ygorl on Sep 24, 2020, 10:13:12 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2020, 10:03:15 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info