Mac unable to fight Dominus

Twice now I've made my way through the Upper Sceptre of God to kill Dominus. Both times, a few seconds after the fight begins (the first phase of the fight, with the non-demonic lieutenants), my computer locks up. Spinning pizza of death, nothing in-game moving. The first time it happened, after about 20 seconds it started moving again in order to show me that I had died. The second time, it eventually dumped me to the login screen.

This seems similar to the locking up that I and others have reported in Solaris 2, though it's putting a more significant crimp on my ability to play the game.
Last edited by Ygorl on Sep 24, 2020, 10:10:16 PM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2020, 1:35:54 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Happened again on a third try. This time I made it 2/3 of the way through the demonic lieutenants before SPOD and disconnect to login screen. Argh.

(By the way, my understanding is that it's good practice to make the "Identifier" for the program based on your URL; ggg.com looks like it's cybersquatted, probably not you guys, but I could imagine some grief coming from that down the line if someone felt like being a jerk.)
Last edited by Ygorl on Sep 24, 2020, 2:14:58 PM
Tried again, focusing on on killing everything as quickly as possible. Made it halfway through Dominus's first form before it locked up and dumped me to the login screen.

Maybe I can approach the bug as just a really nasty DPS check...
you can edit your thread and tag for "Mac client" (the box above "Maximum tags allowed: 1")
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Oh, thank you! I'm too visually dysfunctional to have noticed that "Tags" field, and had been wondering how to get things into the Mac bugs subforum. Thanks again.

Also, on my fifth attempt, by face-tanking everything to get through the fight as quickly as possible, I managed to make it all the way to Dialla's emergence before it locked up so hard that I had to manually power down my computer. Fortunately, I can now start Act 4. I'm not a huge fan of doing that to my computer though.
Hmm, is this a new occurrence? Because I didn’t get any issues with the Dominus fight. So far, most of the crashes I have been getting is during metamorphs and when I exit the game. Haven’t tried releveling an alt yet though.
"
Ygorl wrote:
Oh, thank you! I'm too visually dysfunctional to have noticed that "Tags" field, and had been wondering how to get things into the Mac bugs subforum. Thanks again.

Also, on my fifth attempt, by face-tanking everything to get through the fight as quickly as possible, I managed to make it all the way to Dialla's emergence before it locked up so hard that I had to manually power down my computer. Fortunately, I can now start Act 4. I'm not a huge fan of doing that to my computer though.

Yep this happened to me the same way - eventually I was allowed through to Act 4 although I never got to witness the aftermath of the victory as my computer completely locked up. POE is the only application I have run since I got my iMac Pro in 2018 that has achieved a full lockup/freeze (multiple times) - quite an accomplishment.

Nevertheless I am happy to play this game after waiting 7 years!

——————
macOS Catalina 10.15.6
iMac Pro (2017) 5K + LG 5K UltraFine
3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
Zowie Mico Gaming Mouse
1L Coffee Mug
——————
macOS Catalina 10.15.6
iMac Pro (2017) 5K + LG 5K UltraFine 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB