[MacOS] Installer opens but them immediately closes after starting download

Good Morning,

I downloaded the MacOS client today and tried installing the game. I ran the command posted in my terminal and then started the client. It beings to download a 27mb file and immediately closes upon finishing downloading the file. I then get an error saying Path of Exile quit unexpectedly. I've tried deleting the content.ggpk file and starting again, but the same thing happens.
Last edited by RedHawk417 on Oct 14, 2020, 6:42:16 AM
Last bumped on Nov 16, 2020, 6:39:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I attempted to re-install the game by deleting it off my Macbook and running it again. I kept my Terminal open while I ran the client to see if it kicks back any errors. Right after the Client closes, Terminal records a zsh: illegal hardware instruction '/Applications/Path of Exile/Path of Exile.app/Contents/MacOS/Path of Exile'.

I am trying to run this on a 2012 MacBook Pro running macOS Catalina 10.15.7.
This install bug they still haven't fixed. Its been commented on by several since the experimental Mac client was first made available. I have a laptop that can't install like you.

It could be a example of call to GPU is not supported by their XCode 12 dev environment.

The mid 2012 Retina MacBook Pro uses either Intel HD Graphics 4000
or NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

Catalina 10.15.7 installs on this laptop, but XCode 12 might not support anyitng with NVIDIA to make a wild guess.

Its also not reflected on MacOS issues they are working to resolve before official client is released.

Then again nether is the Graphic Options that identifies GPU and windowed full screen resolution either.

Last edited by Nightwind4 on Oct 14, 2020, 2:28:23 PM
Thanks for the response! Sounds like I'm SOL in trying to play this on my Mac. Not a huge deal since I mainly play on my PC, but would have been nice to have it on my MacBook for when I am not at home and have time to play.
I am experiencing this exact issue, also on a Macbook Pro mid-2012 laptop running the most recent version of Catalina.

Are people with this same hardware experiencing the issue on Big Sur?
Yes i have the same problem. I cant play at mojave and updated to bigsur but; same error with both steam and client versions.

I use amd graphics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info