Corrupting Fever

Post your feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2023, 11:37:37 PM
So I'm level 99 running an Exsanguinate/Corrupting Fever build.

I am totally in love with both of these new skills, but there is one little QoL change I would like to see.

I understand why Corrupting Fever has a 'life spent' mechanic in order for the buff to auto refresh. I also understand why it shouldn't be a small number, it would prevent linking like flame dash to spend life to easily keep it refreshed...however...

The Buff Duration life cost refresh is nearly TWICE the cost of my 6-linked Exsanguinate. That means if I hit a stretch of a map where I am forced to cast at the air, or having to stand around waiting for certain boss phases (Sirus, Shaper, etc), I have to cast the spell twice just to keep my Corrupting Fever buff refreshed.

My suggestion would be to cut the refresh cost of Corrupting Fever in half, that way it would stay in range of a fully 6 linked skill being able to refresh it in one cast.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Last edited by arkon9944 on May 12, 2021, 10:52:26 AM
I love fever - but having it disappear with a nullifier makes it borderline unplayable. Only skill in the game where that will nuke 99% of your damage. It feels so awful that it has to be an oversight.
Hey,

It seems really weird to apply max stacks with Ball Lightning for example.
Wouldn't it be better with an internal cooldown (like you did for PvP if I remember it well)?
I hope GGG will revisit the life cost on this skill. It was already extremely prohibitive on builds that focused on it, but the mana multiplier nerfs on most support gems in 3.15 have made it unplayable.

My Guardian build from 3.14 now has Corrupting Fever cost 7.6k life, on a build that only has 5.8k HP. The skill wasn't even particularly strong, I was using it just for clearing trash mobs while mapping, with most of my damage coming from Herald of Purity.
A decent 6L Corrupting Fever now cost more than 12k life to cast.
Why did GGG kill this skill?

Current usage: <0.1%.
Is "skill diversity" still a thing?
Just another not worth it skill due to drawbacks.
Content Update 3.23.0

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug where Projectiles from Skills supported by Returning Projectiles were only dealing less Damage with Hits while Returning. They now also deal less Damage with Ailments while Returning.

Corrupting Fever Whether affected by projectile return damage reduction

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info