Bug, disfunctional UI and misleading Private league system

Ok, so yesterday I created a Private league with the upcoming Gauntlet mods, but @SCSSF (so we don't suffer too much while practicing :P ), I threw in some points and made a call topic in case someone wants to join and hopefully complete crowdfund the league together so we can play it until the official gauntlet.

When there was around 80% crowdfund completed (out of 120 points), someone messaged me to increase the number of players (he was added to the que as 11th but he crowdfunded some points) and since this is the first time I use this system, I just clicked Add 10 players which has reset the crowdfunding (which seems normal because price rised from 120 points to 180 points) - everybody got an automatic refund - we just started crowdfund from the start - no big deal.

Eventually the private league got fully funded overnight (I went to sleep) only to figure out that the original choosen difficulty mods did NOT apply at the start. I presumethe bug is that it basically deleted selected difficulty mods when I added 10 players at crowdfund!

So, the PL has started, there is currently 20 players in the PL and about 80+ waiting to join.. but we do NOT have a gauntlet mods! It is just a normal SCSSF.

E-mailed GGG support and they say that since the league has started and some chars are already created, they cannot change anything nor refund.

Basically, GGG took 18$ from the community and due to their bad system, we did NOT get what we paid for. There was no message that mods are going to be deleted, there was no feedback whatsoever..

Feels very bad. Especially for the people who chimed in and added their funds.. :(

ps. I do not know anybody who applied to the crowdfund, it is basically a bunch of random reddit people wanting to play the game at the certain mods (which got lost due to the bug in the PL creation/strating system).

ps2. the mods at PoE reddit deleted this topic because it is rule 6: Misleading and misinformation (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/phpldi/psa_there_is_nasty_bug_in_private_league/) - which is fucking NOT. I swear with my freaking blood everything I wrote is TRUE. I even have email from GGG support in which they basically said to me "fuck off".
Last edited by npavcec on Sep 4, 2021, 3:07:07 PM
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2021, 9:28:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
npavcec wrote:
Ok, so yesterday I created a Private league with the upcoming Gauntlet mods, but @SCSSF (so we don't suffer too much while practicing :P ), I threw in some points and made a call topic in case someone wants to join and hopefully complete crowdfund the league together so we can play it until the official gauntlet.

When there was around 80% crowdfund completed (out of 120 points), someone messaged me to increase the number of players (he was added to the que as 11th but he crowdfunded some points) and since this is the first time I use this system, I just clicked Add 10 players which has reset the crowdfunding (which seems normal because price rised from 120 points to 180 points) - everybody got an automatic refund - we just started crowdfund from the start - no big deal.

Eventually the private league got fully funded overnight (I went to sleep) only to figure out that the original choosen difficulty mods did NOT apply at the start. I presumethe bug is that it basically deleted selected difficulty mods when I added 10 players at crowdfund!

So, the PL has started, there is currently 20 players in the PL and about 80+ waiting to join.. but we do NOT have a gauntlet mods! It is just a normal SCSSF.

E-mailed GGG support and they say that since the league has started and some chars are already created, they cannot change anything nor refund.

Basically, GGG took 18$ from the community and due to their bad system, we did NOT get what we paid for. There was no message that mods are going to be deleted, there was no feedback whatsoever..

Feels very bad. Especially for the people who chimed in and added their funds.. :(

ps. I do not know anybody who applied to the crowdfund, it is basically a bunch of random reddit people wanting to play the game at the certain mods (which got lost due to the bug in the PL creation/strating system).

ps2. the mods at PoE reddit deleted this topic because it is rule 6: Misleading and misinformation (https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/phpldi/psa_there_is_nasty_bug_in_private_league/) - which is fucking NOT. I swear with my freaking blood everything I wrote is TRUE. I even have email from GGG support in which they basically said to me "fuck off".

biggest problem is properly that you don't have any proof of what you created to start with UNLESS the e-mail from GGG confirms what was originaly created.
If they did that, you can go to consumer proctection and file a case there for a full refund.

Also don't forget to check your own contry consumer protection laws !!
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Sep 4, 2021, 3:15:38 PM
"
biggest problem is properly that you don't have any proof of what you created to start with UNLESS the e-mail from GGG confirms what was originaly created.
If they did that, you can go to consumer proctection and file a case there for a full refund.

Someone simulated the same thing again today (https://imgur.com/p0JGzGO). The Private league "add players" DELETES the original difficulty mods.

Which means that you can basically throw away the whole Private League away in case you need/want to use this functionality in the middle of the Crowdfunding. People who get their league funding reset did NOT apply for the league which has NO mods - it is a (un)intentional scam of the owner (starter) and EVERYBODY who joins.

Sure, one can say that I didn't put gauntlet mods in the original setting - but would then people join and crowdfund it? Mods WERE displayed! It is just that their "Add players" button deletes them.. along with reset of the crowdfund and increase of the price.

Anyways, why would the extended league NOT inherit the original settings (except obvious more character slots and duration which are getting, well, extended).

Meh.. absurd.
Contact GGG via email ASAP. This does sound absurd.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"

Already did. Support replied nothing can be done since some characters are already created. They cannot refund nor manually add mods.

"
npavcec wrote:
"

Already did. Support replied nothing can be done since some characters are already created. They cannot refund nor manually add mods.

What a joke. Can they at least refund all points and fix this in the future?
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
Ydoum wrote:

What a joke. Can they at least refund all points and fix this in the future?

That is the purpose of this topic.

I'm pretty sure they won't refund, but they could at least fix the PL system UI + functionality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info