Instruments of Zeal and Winterorb interaction

Hello sirs and madams,

I am trying to make winterorb work and figured I could work around the "more cast speed" multiplier from instruments of Zeal to increase the hit rate of my Winterorb by a huge amount and thereby reach big dps.

I've noticed that my pob does indeed not increase when I select fanaticism. The Winterorb skill itself reads "increases and reductions to cast speed" apply to the the hit rate of the skill.
Apparently a "more" multi to cast speed isnt included in that?
I feel like this is inconsistent when considering that chaos dot skills with the line "Increases to spell damage apply to this skills damage over time" do get increased by more multipliers to spell damage like "Pain attunement"

I figured this was overlooked because hardly anybody uses fanaticism and perhaps it could be changed.

Thanks for listening to my ted-talk.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2021, 8:31:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Zurku351 wrote:
Hello sirs and madams,

I am trying to make winterorb work and figured I could work around the "more cast speed" multiplier from instruments of Zeal to increase the hit rate of my Winterorb by a huge amount and thereby reach big dps.

I've noticed that my pob does indeed not increase when I select fanaticism. The Winterorb skill itself reads "increases and reductions to cast speed" apply to the the hit rate of the skill.
Apparently a "more" multi to cast speed isnt included in that?
I feel like this is inconsistent when considering that chaos dot skills with the line "Increases to spell damage apply to this skills damage over time" do get increased by more multipliers to spell damage like "Pain attunement"

This is not a bug.

As you've noticed, Fanaticism grants a "more Cast Speed" multiplier, which is neither an increase nor reduction and consequently has no impact on Winter Orb. This is 100% consistent with every other situation in the game which uses the same wording. "Increases and reductions" never apply less or more multipliers or any other modifier that is not specifically an increase or a reduction.

If you re-read the chaos DoT skills you mention they state that "Modifiers to spell damage apply", they don't use the "increases and reductions" line.
More and less multipliers are modifiers, and consequently apply to DoT skills with the aforementioned line.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info