Bow skills in PVP

Hi , I want to share my impressions of the current state of bow skills in pvp, mainly these 3 skills, Lightning arrow, Ice shot, Rain of Arrows, etc.

Because these skills do not have a limit to the projectile distance (more projectile speed more distance), it is possible to abuse this type of mechanics in pvp, since the areas for pvp like sarn arena and 1vs1 are not extensive, like I show in these pics ( me and another guy testing )

Lightning arrow and Iceshot can easily reach the ''spawn points'' of sarn arena almost from the center of sarn arena, also if you have a widescreen and use windowed mode you can perfectly see all sarn arena from right to left , some screens even allow you to see up and down

I remember that in the past , changes were made to kinetic blast and the chars names were removed in sarn arena minimap to avoid this type of ''offscreen skills'' doing spawn kills, but unfortunately it has returned to the same, I hope that GGG will provide us with a solution to this in the future or at least in POE 2

Here I also put some pics of the disadvantage between an average PVP player and a player who has a widescreen or who uses the windowed mode, noting the great advantage that an archer has, also that now there are many ways for archer builds to gain a lot of damage such as ''intelligence stacking'' or '' Accuracy stacking''

average poe player:

widescreen / windowed mode:

Sadly, this means that some ''pvp'' players only seek to use skills that give them these advantages over other players, same folks who only play cowardly off screen button spam stuff

In general the points that I hope will be reviewed in the future in pvp in poe , is the AOE that bow skills are allowed , the abuse of widescreen to have an advantage over other players , and a solution to avoid spawn kills ( doing use of the already mentioned , AOE + widescreen + windowed mode )

Happy Valentine's Day <3
Last bumped on Sep 15, 2022, 1:42:53 PM
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
Last edited by xweezyfbaby3x on Feb 14, 2022, 11:44:30 AM
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
im happy that you guys ''bump'' this post for more views, i hope more people can comment so this will have more views and ggg will be able to take a look on AOE bow skills ,so maybe in next patch this will stop those pvp players who only play cowardly off screen skills stuff
Good post, Fog of war is needed or else a cap on proj max distance.
Forum pvp
one solution would be that players deal less damage the further they attack/cast. I'd say the penalty would kick in at quite "short" range already, and the damage penalty would go up to 100% less damage at certain range. This would effect all skills no matter if its bow skill, discharge, spell, mine, trap or melee hit. This would also make melee more viable option.

These are just my thoughts tho
🍇OverLord's elderberry kiosk🍇 /3029690
Rapture Peak
IGN: OverLordFML
"
one solution would be that players deal less damage the further they attack/cast. I'd say the penalty would kick in at quite "short" range already, and the damage penalty would go up to 100% less damage at certain range. This would effect all skills no matter if its bow skill, discharge, spell, mine, trap or melee hit. This would also make melee more viable option.

Even if that's the case, it still won't stop the damage dealers from killing everyone in 1 hit, and besides, the tests about the bow are not correct, I tested the same test with my archer partner, and any arrow skills that hit in range disappear on one and the same distance, but because of the extended screen, one gets the impression that this is not so, I was convinced by my own example
"
Advel41 wrote:
"

Even if that's the case, it still won't stop the damage dealers from killing everyone in 1 hit, and besides, the tests about the bow are not correct, I tested the same test with my archer partner, and any arrow skills that hit in range disappear on one and the same distance, but because of the extended screen, one gets the impression that this is not so, I was convinced by my own example

Thats cool, none of that was my point, but thats cool. I just mean overall balance, don't really care about how far projectiles go or damage dealers still one hitting. But cool
🍇OverLord's elderberry kiosk🍇 /3029690
Rapture Peak
IGN: OverLordFML
"
"
Advel41 wrote:
"

Thats cool, none of that was my point, but thats cool. I just mean overall balance, don't really care about how far projectiles go or damage dealers still one hitting. But cool

bows have always hit at very long distances, it seems to me that those who have been playing in the arena for a long time are just used to this, given that the difference in pvp and pve is only in a few damage and defense formulas, so if there are changes in the range of projectiles, then this is the first there will be a queue for pve
"

I think ''damage'' isnt a problem, the problem is ''Aoe'' ( in PVP)

I have been playing many online videogames and I realize that POE it is very unbalanced in terms of AOE ( So many people use Offscreen cowadly builds, etc)

So some players will always seek for a cowardly advantage over other players, i hope Poe2 will change this, maybe a pvp system like Dark souls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info