3.21 Explodey Poison BV Trickster [ Disintegrate all in your path ] Mapping & Bossing

Hello Everyone! This is my first build guide. I had my league starter as Poison BV, and I enjoyed it so much, I stuck with it.

For reference, this is my third league, and my first league where I was able to do almost all game content. The only thing I didn't even try was Uber Uber bosses. This also was my first league getting to level 100.

This build guide is an adaptation and an improvement on HackerGooby's Poison Blade Vortex. However, I did a good bit of re-thinking and so that's why I think I can say this build is my own.

So let's get started...

I chose a trickster, mostly because I started with a shadow and didn't know completely what I was doing, but I learned a lot along the way.

For starters. This build will cost a little more than 75 divine. Mostly due t o an "Ashes of the stars", but you don't absolutely need it. It just makes managing your aura's a little bit easier. I would highly recommend getting a cheap ashes that isn't corrupted, and then doing a little intrinsic catalyst/divine crafting on it. It can take it from being worht 25 divine to 40+ divine easily.

Defensive Stats:
- 200k EHP
- 4k Life
- 1k Energy Shield
- 75% Ele and Chaos Res
- 20k Evasion
- 17k Armour
- 100% Spell Suppression Chance

Offensive Stats:
- Normal DPS: 30m
- Uber DPS: 7m

Pros

- I was able to complete all Normal Bosses, Uber Atziri, Uber Izzaro, Uber Elder. (I will update this list as I do more).
- If you stack movement speed you can zoom through maps quite well. This comes at the cost of some damage or defenses.
- A little tanky. Some bosses, you can easily just stand next to the boss while BV applies poisons.

Cons

- This build doesn't make use of any charges and is relatively low in crit chance. Adding power charges is doable, but requires some meta-crafting.
- Suffers from lack of attributes. Especially in the Strength department.
- You don't one shot anything. As anything with poisons, your damage ramps up.

Build Concept
The way poison BV works, is that it scales chaos damage from physical damage. So although each blade from BV only does 16k physical damage, it also applies a poison, which does 3.6 million! At the end of the day, your stats that you should prioritize should be:

1. Skill Effect/Ailment Duration (this is because poison stacks infinitely, and the only thing that caps it is how long the poison stack stays active. If you can increase this, then the more damage you can do.
2. Damage Over Time Multiplier
3. Physical Damage
4. Critical Strike Chance/Multiplier
5. Chaos Damage

Playstyle
One really cool thing that I like about this build, is that with blade vortex you generally want to be close to bosses. So a simple way to get bosses down fast is to prepare with stacking your Blade Vortex with Unleash, and setting down totems. From there, you can simply circle around the boss counter-clockwise. The reason for this is because the blades move in a clock-wise direction, and so therefore circling around counter-clockwise will actually increase your DPS in a way that POB will not pick up. In this way, movement speed can also be something that increases your damage.

Path of Building
- If you haven't already, download the Path of Building Community Fork here: https://pathofbuilding.community/
- https://pobb.in/lgFl1ObYeLBT

Ascendancies:
Start with Polymath -> Escape Artist -> SpellBreaker -> And then your choice of Heart Stopper or Soul Drinker.

Gear
Main Hand/Offhand

What really makes these special is the corrupted implicits. If at all possible try to go for the double implicit of Global Crit and Damage Over time. Otherwise Damage Over Time should be the main implicit.

Helmet

You can easily craft this by following these steps:
1. Increase quality - I didn't when I first made it, but you can use perfect fossils to get 30% qual.

2. Add hunter influence on level 85 base to get the -% to chaos resistance.

3. Essence spam until you get Tier 1 -% to chaos resistance and another hunter modifier. Use an Orb of Dominance to get -12% to chaos resistance. If you don't have the essences or the currency, then you can harvest craft reforge with chaos modifier and that will also work. It really just depends on which you have more of. Another option is using aberrant fossils.

4. Do the same thing with an ilvl 75 helmet of your choice that has Redeemer influence, but this time for mana reservation efficiency of skills. Again, if you dont have the essences, then harvest craft reforge with mana modifiers.

5. Once you have both of these helmets, Use an Awakener's Orb to combine the two. BE CAREFUL of the order that you select them. Its always the donor helmet first, and then the target helmet. In other words the item you want to keep is always selected last.

"
NOTE: I would highly suggest doing some research on awakener's orbs as they don't really follow what you would expect for crafting. For instance if you craft suffixes cannot be changed and then want to awakener a prefix over, the metamod will be ignored and you will lose your other suffixes. For this reason, it is suggested to do this part of the craft first, before you get any other mods on your helmet.

6. From there hope for an open prefix so you can craft "suffixes cannot be changed", and then if you want you can meta-craft power charges on kill. However this can raise the cost of your build tremendously.

Rings

Your main focus on the first ring is to make sure you have both Herald of Agony modifiers on there. Also try to get some attributes in the implicit. This build does tend to suffer from not having enough strength.

Your main focus on the second ring is high resistance, and "+ life gained per enemy hit with your spells". This build makes use of a lot of different uniques. So high resistances on all of your rare gear is absolutely necessary. The "+ life gained per enemy hit with your spells" will give you the ability to get health even if you can't leech.

Amulet

Your endgame amulet is definitely going to be:

Notice the anoint. This gives the most bang for your buck with increased damage, as well as overwhelms physical damage reduction.

Before ashes, try to get something with resistances. As well as "Curse with Despair on Hit". This will be good for you until you get a pair of "Asenath's Gentle Touch" with a Despair Implicit.

Body Armour

The best armour that I could find for this was:

This specifically has great synergy with "Asenath's Gentle Touch" as with this, we don't need to worry about chance to poison at all, and we can also apply an additional curse, which allows for wither.

Gloves

One of the best parts of the build. It has so many parts to it from cursing on hit, blind, and explode.

Belt

The socketed eye is very important as you get phasing on kill with this.

Boots

This just needs res on it and some good movement speed. As well as attributes if you can get them. Don't worry about Tailwind, Onslaught, or Elusive as the first two don't really benefit you, and elusive isn't really necessary.

Jewel Sockets

A good early large jewel socket to get is:

However, once you start getting more currency, then I would highly recommend getting one with Grim Oath, Overwhelming Malice, and Wicked Pall.

The Sublime Form is super important as without this, you really can't have Determination and Grace at the same time.

Flasks

Pantheons
- Major (Mapping) - Soul of Lunaris
- Minor (Mapping) - Soul of Gruthkul

- Major (Bossing) - Soul of Solaris
- Minor (Bossing) - Soul of Ryslatha

One Note about the soul of Ryslatha, that is just a personal preference of mine, that way its a little bit more forgiving for me when I accidentally get hit as the flask charges will regenerate during the fight.

Socket Links
Body Armour

Lifetap is super important here because we reserve almost all of our mana, and so we need to spend life for blade vortex. No worries though. It helps us out in our skill tree with the Physical Damage mastery.

Main Hand

Helmet

You can use a level 4 enlighten support to make your life a bit easier. But honestly its a nice to have and not absolutely required.

Gloves

and

They can all be linked together as the supports for the first and second set don't affect each other.

Boots

Offhand

Anything extra that you might want such as a portal gem, or other gems to level and sell.

Last edited by Tanklivsmatr on Jul 7, 2023, 2:50:56 PM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2023, 9:52:19 PM
Hey, could you tell me what mastery slots you are taking, as from looking at the path, I can't tell.
Many thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info