⚔️Blade Blast Assassin ⚔️

In this guide, I'll share a simple idea for a build that is not expensive and is very effective. It falls into the medium budget bucket and is a lot easier and more entertaining than it would seem at first glance. I decided to sacrifice the idea of a one-click build and actually created a violent battlemage that would wreck anything in the game.

Overall Performance (1 to 10):
Spoiler

Endurance: 8 (very high)
Map clear efficiency: 5 (mediocre)
Single Target damage: 10 (excellent)
Budget: 6 (mediocre)

Ascendancy: Assassin
Spoiler

1. Unstable Infusion.
2. Deadly Infusion.
3. Opportunistic.
4. Ambush and Assassinate.

Pantheon:

Spoiler

Major: Brine King

Minor: Ryslatha.

Of course both fully upgraded.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Kill them all.

Gear and Sockets:

Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Unique Jewels:
Spoiler

Watcher's Eye;

Militant Faith Timeless Jewel;

Forbidden Flesh and Forbidden Flame.

Cluster Jewels:
Spoiler

None.

Other Jewels:
Spoiler

We have 1 free slot for a Rare jewel.

Flasks:
Spoiler

I just love Rumi's Concoction and the Overflowing Chalice.

Detailed build description:

Spoiler

Generally, we rely on casting lingering blades on the ground through Bladefall, and then - detonating them with Blade Blast:

Damage scaling:
Spoiler

Our main source of damage are the Critical hits which will always apply Impales. Multiple Blade Blasts must overlap in order to deal more damage.
Bladefall and Blade Blast are Spells and not Attacks. They deal 100% physical damage by default. Any generic Physical damage will affect them. Pride aura is mandatory.

I suggest getting the helmet enchant for increased AoE of Blade Blast to secure more overlap of its explosions. Additional helpful helmet enchants: Vulnerability curse effect, Blade Blast damage. If you don't wanna go using Eldritch Battery, you can use a helmet enchant with Reservation efficiency of an aura, so you can use your mana efficiently.

Defenses:
Spoiler

Defense is very good and comes from:

-100% Spell suppression;
-Blind aura which is acquired through the Forbidden jewels. The Blind is further improved by the passive tree;
-Determination and Grace auras;
-Additional Block chance (currently 38% with Rumi's flask active);
-An incredible amount of Life-on-hit with spells that comes from Shaper and/or Crusader influenced rings and provides a lot of sustain in moments that your survival is questionable.

Uniques:
Spoiler

We're using 3 unique gear pieces:

-Void Battery. Almost every build that's using Power charges is also using these candies. With the crucible league's additions to the weapons and shields, it's a great opportunity to add something good to your Void batteries like additional Phys reduction overwhelm, more crits, more cast speed, etc.;
-Entropic Devastation. This is another mandatory item for the build. It provides the Impale effect which is more than half of the total damage output. Highest roll on Impale effect is recommended;
-Stranglegasp is just too helpful for all those sweet passives that we leave unallocated on the left side of the tree.

Rares:
Spoiler

Rare items should include additional Spell suppression so that it's capped properly. Also it's highly recommended to get a helmet with +1 maximum Power charge. Rings should have + life gain on hit with spells. Rest of the mods of all rares are simple life, resistances and attributes where needed.

The Skill(s):
Spoiler

I must admit that a 2-click build idea was something I tried to avoid all the time. Fortunately it proved to be a very promising move and at the end it was worth it. Simply casting Bladefall and immediately Blade Blast after that.
But there are some tricks that you must understand in order to make it work efficiently. Most important thing is that we must use Bladefall with Awakened Spell Cascade and smallest AoE possible. I used Anomalous Concentrated Effect and Awakened Unleash to maximize the number of blades in the smallest area possible so that the explosions overlap. Then detonating them directly.
For Blade Blast it's the opposite - we aim to increase its AoE the best we can.

Additionally, note that the gloves provide the Call of Steel skill which is actually more helpful than I thought it would be. It's best used to finish off the remaining few trash monsters that were out of the Blade Blast's AoE.
This is specifically useful if you're playing Beyond - using the impaled corpses to just one-shot the appearing demons.

Links explanation:
Spoiler

Helmet: Helmet is generally for auras;

Gloves and Boots: One is for the Bladefall setup, the other one is for the utility - movement skill, Vulnerability and guard skill;

Armour: Our Blade Blast is the actual damage in this build so we 6-link it here.

Additional links:
A defensive setup is never bad if you have sockets to spare. I did CWDT + Cold Snap. It's useless but not completely.

Keystones:
Spoiler

We only use the Inner Conviction which is provided by the Timeless jewel. Depending on your resource choice, you can get the keystone from either Hex Master or Minion Instability.

Masteries:
Spoiler

+25% to Critical Strike Multiplier against Unique Enemies

+15% chance to Suppress Spell Damage if Equipped Helmet, Body Armour, Gloves, and Boots all have Evasion Rating

Auras from your Skills have 10% increased Effect on you

(optional) +50 to Maximum Life

(optional) 40% increased Blind effect

Gameplay:

Leveling:
Spoiler

I chose Ethereal Knives - easy to play and you get it very early.

Mapping:
Spoiler

Bladefall + Blade Blast spam. Try to get monsters as close together as possible to disintegrate them all at once. Your defenses will help a lot to manipulate monsters before making them disappear.

Budget:
Spoiler

Weapon: The Void Batteries are around 50c each. 1d with nearly perfect rolls. They can go really expensive if you want to have some juicy crucible;

Helmet: Helmets with good life/resistance rolls and +1 Power charge can go between 5~10d;

Armour: Should be around 3~10d depending on the rolls and chosen mods;

Gloves: Perfect roll (50% impale effect) are 1~2d;

Boots: Generic boots with spell suppress, good resistances and life should be around 3~6d;

Belt: Usually cheap - around 2 divines for a very good Leather or Stygian. You can get a high-end Stygian with % life and flat Life + resists for around 8~12 divines;

Amulet: Between 3 and 12d depends on when you search the market. It's literally on timing and not actual price. Weird but true for this amulet;

Rings:
Shaper/Crusader rings with max life/resists and Life-on-hit with spells can vary between 2d and 8d;

Jewels:

-Watcher's Eye: +2 impales with Pride is highly recommended because that's the highest damage boost you can get here. Additional Evasion with Grace is very good. Additional armour with Determination is good. Increased Phys dmg with Pride is good but can get expensive with the +2 impales together. I got mine for 4d;

-Forbidden Jewels: with Born in the Shadows - Very cheap. Should be 1-2 divines for both;

-Militant Faith: AoE damage/Ele Resists/Aura effect are the best mods. Just get one with Dominus for the keystone. Should be up to 2d max;

-The rare jewel is a generic life/resist one. Try to get one with impale effect if possible. Price really depends on the mods;

Skill and Support Gems: We do not need many gems. Most expensive are Awakened Spell Cascade (4d), Awakened Unleash (2d), Awakened Increased AoE (2d) and Empower level 4 (3~4d).

OVERALL BUDGET: between 20 and 80 divine orbs.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler

Good:
-Simple gameplay;
-Medium budget;
-Very high damage output;
-Very reliable defense;
-Does not require specific items that are expensive.

Bad:
-Two-click build;
-Maximizing the performance can get expensive;

Videos, Screenshots and Links:

Ideas and Alternative options:

Spoiler

-My current helmet (with that corrupted implicit) is generally too expensive but it allowed me to use Mana instead of my initial plan - Eldritch Battery. This way I saved 1 passive point on the tree. But this is just 1 point. Eldritch battery is easily accessible on the tree. If you choose Eldritch battery instead, I suggest get some ES on the gear;

-Having a Large cluster jewel with a Physical dmg base will be very useful. Recommended notables on the jewel: Master the Fundamentals, Battle-Hardened and Furious Assault/Force Multiplier;

-A double Impresence with Vulnerability + Enfeeble/Temp Chains/Punishment can be a very good choice. There are free sockets to spare for curse auras. The downside of this is missing a lot of crit and reservation efficiency since Stranglegasp would cover all that. Ashes of the Stars is also good but too expensive;

-You can sacrifice defense for even more damage by swapping Determination with Zealotry.

P.S. This post will be updated every now and then.
Last edited by fostaa on Oct 8, 2023, 9:49:46 AM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2023, 7:14:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info