Regarding microtransactions for the Playstation versions of POE & POE2

I posted this topic in a separate thread but felt this was a more appropriate venue.

After learning that microtransactions from the Playstation version & PC version of POE can't be shared, I have become very concerned that whatever technical or financial limitation that makes the PC version incompatible with Playstation is going to affect the transition from PS4 POE1 to PS5 POE2. I have (perhaps foolishly) spent over $1000 on MTX on Playstation based almost entirely on GGG's announcement that POE microstransactions will carry over to POE2. That's the ONLY reason I am fine with GGG's relatively expensive cosmetics. Future value.

So here's my feedback & suggestion:

Some official clarity regarding microtransactions & how they will work in Path of Exile's future. If only to reassure your customers that they aren't being cheated or misled. Many people are operating under the same assumption I was: that they're universal for all past & future versions on all platforms.

I love this game. I want to invest in it when I feel like I am receiving value.

Help me help you take my money.

Thank you!
Last edited by SuperNormalPants on Nov 30, 2023, 11:56:49 AM
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2023, 2:56:56 PM
They already said that everything you bought in poe1 will transfer to poe2 at no extra charge. Some cosmetic might not be avail in poe2 thought as they might not be in the game, but all tabs etc will be..
Thank you for the response. That's my understanding as well. I'm just a little worried about a scenario that's out of GGG's hands. I wonder if there are any precedents of identical microtransactions being shared between 2 different games on Sony's platform.

Maybe I should be on Sony's forums.
Last edited by SuperNormalPants on Dec 1, 2023, 3:10:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info