Character Renaming

I have 18 instead of 20.. and I haven't used this manual service.

Also, does the amount of times you can do it refresh eventually? Or is it after you've used all of them you're perma out of luck?

Or is this something GGG is going to start charging us for, like more character slots, etc... ?
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2024, 6:48:11 PM
How do you change your name?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Totes_Adorbs wrote:

Also, does the amount of times you can do it refresh eventually? Or is it after you've used all of them you're perma out of luck?

Or is this something GGG is going to start charging us for, like more character slots, etc... ?

Hiya,

Could you please email support@grindinggear.com so we're able to look into this? Including a link to this thread or your account name would be appreciated. :)
"
Romulas19 wrote:
How do you change your name?

You can change your character names here as per these Patch Notes.
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
"
Totes_Adorbs wrote:

Hiya,

Could you please email support@grindinggear.com so we're able to look into this? Including a link to this thread or your account name would be appreciated. :)

Alright I just did that. So you don't know if name change is going to be refreshed eventually or if they're going to be a payed service if you want more than 20?
~Totes Adorbs.
"
Totes_Adorbs wrote:
Alright I just did that. So you don't know if name change is going to be refreshed eventually or if they're going to be a payed service if you want more than 20?

As per the recent Patch Notes:

"
You can now change the name of your character, or swap the names of two of your characters, through the Path of Exile website. Two uses of this service are granted each week, stacking up to a maximum of twenty uses. You can access this through the My Account page.

You should be granted two uses of this service every week. We cannot speculate if name changes will be a paid service in the future.
"
Timothy_GGG wrote:
"
Totes_Adorbs wrote:

As per the recent Patch Notes:

"
You can now change the name of your character, or swap the names of two of your characters, through the Path of Exile website. Two uses of this service are granted each week, stacking up to a maximum of twenty uses. You can access this through the My Account page.

You should be granted two uses of this service every week. We cannot speculate if name changes will be a paid service in the future.

Ahh I read that as "You can only use it twice a week."

But it "GIVES" you two additional uses per week. Is that capped at 20? Or can you hoard a few thousand of em? >:3

Thanks for your response.
~Totes Adorbs.
"
Totes_Adorbs wrote:

Ahh I read that as "You can only use it twice a week."

But it "GIVES" you two additional uses per week. Is that capped at 20? Or can you hoard a few thousand of em? >:3

Thanks for your response.

The ability to change your own character names using the service is capped at twenty.
Well I guess this is a lost cause.. :'( Support told me to send a picture so I did, then they said it needed to be a jpg or png due to security issues (it was a png) so I instead uploaded it to imgur and sent 'em the image that way and then absolute 0 response after...

:'(
~Totes Adorbs.
H
Last edited by deinernst123 on Apr 20, 2024, 7:04:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info