horrible CPU spikes while playing the game, a lot of stuttering, freezing and crashing

I started playing the game from last weekend the game started with decent performance not perfect but manageable then it progressively became worse and worse, last 2 days were especially brutal and now basically i can't play the game it gets better a little bit and become manageable again when staying inside the server and playing with my character but then the game crashes and kick me out to the main screen resulting in the performance returning to it's worst point when joining the server again

here's a clip:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18o1nwf/peak_sad_performanceim_sending_this_clip_to_ggg/

and here's another clip were the game crashes and kick me back to the main screen:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18nvr1g/i_just_paid_30_dollars_on_the_stash_tap_sale_and/

My pc specs are:
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Ram 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM

For my settings i tried everything from disabling engine multithread to triple buffering to vulcan to dx11 and 12 to dynamic resolution while targeting 30 fps to getting all my graphics settings to as low as possible and nothing worked although some made the problem a little bit better like disabling engine multithread

I also made my CPU core c0 residency run on 100% and put my power plan on high performance and still the problem didn't go away although like with disabling engine multithreading it felt like the game is getting a little bit better when doing this

Finally i also tried reinstalling the game and verified the game files through steam, so now i'm running out of things to try and i hope i can get help here
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 5:34:33 AM
This is happening to a lot of folks, you're not alone. I've got CPU spiking and Memory maxing out on my 16gb of RAM, never used to get even close to doing that before this league. At this point, all we can do is wait for GGG to do something about it, if/when they can get around to doing so.
Dante do you have CPU spikes while on login screen?

Press F1 and see.

If you DO have them on login screen or on character selection screen, turn off "Engine Multithreading" and check have they vanished or not.
Last edited by Beglets on Dec 21, 2023, 9:44:45 PM
"
Beglets wrote:
Dante do you have CPU spikes while on login screen?

Press F1 and see.

If you DO have them on login screen or on character selection screen, turn off "Engine Multithreading" and check have they vanished or not.

No i don't have cpu spikes on login screen but i have some on loading screens and i noticed my loading screens in the last 2 days started to take a long times to end sometimes they take minutes

I was able to somewho make the game run a little bit better with the use of a combination of settings so i can at least play now even though the game stutter but unfortunately every time i go through a loading screen or i open a menu like the skill tree or the stash tab the game freezez and sometimes crash which will mean i have to go back running through all the zones i explored to reach where i was only for the game to crash again 5 minutes later so it's now basically unplayable even when i improved the performance
Last edited by DANTE_KSA on Dec 22, 2023, 5:36:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info