My game can barely hold itself together. Laggy, choppy, slow and an overall nightmare to play

The problem: Every-time I'm in a map the game just becomes a genuine mess on my laptop. My CPU bars goes to upwards of 20-30ms. Dynamic resolution kicks in, I can't understand anything and I have to play the game on 720p lowest settings. Even 600p at some times. It's genuinely painful and frustrating. Happens around packs and mobs, the Affliction league mechanic zone and during expedition.

My laptop: I have a 2019 ROG SCAR III with an i7-9750H, 2.6Ghz (no OC)
a mobile 2070, 32gb of ddr4 ram. I've put PoE on an m.2 ssd that had 500gb. I still experienced the problem. I went ahead and spent $300 to get my laptop a "makeover". New thermals applied. I replaced both of my hard drives with brand new 2tb m.2 and another 500gb sata ssd. A new install of windows 11 64 bit and a deep clean. The game still plays like garbage.

Settings:
Renderer: DirectX11, I tried Vulkan but it was a mess and some of the assets weren't even loading
Triple-Buffering : on
Multi-threading : on
Dynamic culling : on
Detail settings : all the way to the minimum.
Vsync: adaptive
Resolution: 720p (this laptop has a 1080p 240hz display so if I'm doing something wrong let me know cause I literally cannot play the game on 1080p)
Graphics drivers have been updated.
In base I get 8-12ms on cpu and about 6-8 on GPU but when I enter a map it all goes to "hell".
I have also put PoE on high priority in the desktop manager.

I would've loved to show you a screencap during expedition or the likes but I think the pc will crash or something.

I have another question, if you can help me with that. The pc requirements say that my laptop can run this game, however as I am telling you it is quite different. If I were to upgrade my laptop entirely. To a brand new one, with an i9-13980HX 2.2Ghz and a 4090 mobile with 32gb ddr5 Ram. Would that solve the problem?

I'd like to have some clarity on this cause every other game I tried on this pc (that meets the requirements) plays smoothly as far as I know.

Last edited by Hanan1112 on Dec 22, 2023, 10:44:18 AM
Last bumped on Dec 22, 2023, 10:31:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info