Abysses are not showing up in maps properly (sometimes)

So I've been running juiced maps in Affliction league with map crafted abyss, abyss sextants and abyss scarabs, so I should be getting at least three abysses per map. It even says so in the affix list when I'm in the map. Still about 1/3 maps I run do not have three abysses for some reason.

At first I thought I was going insane, but I just got two shitty league mechanics in a row, so I did not get enough loot to fill my bags even once and in both maps I only got one Stygian Vise. And in case anyone points this out, maps were 100% cleared and made goddamn sure I did not step on any abysses by accident, especially on the second map. Even went into a Vaal side area to see if they somehow spawned in there.

Here I will list some technical info about the maps I am running so feel free to skip this part. I am running 8 mod T16 Cemeteries with +2 projectiles to monsters with Gilded Abyss, Divination, Reliquary and Harbinger Scarabs. On to sextants, I am using Abyss, Delirium, Beyond and dropped maps are corrupted with 8 mods. On the Atlas I have Wandering Path, The Seventh Gate, Singular focus, Eldritch Gaze, Endless Tide and Unending nightmare and basically any small nodes that give chance to spawn abyss, chance to Rituals and some Delirium and Beyond stuff. On the map device I craft Abyss.

On a side note, I also got a load of maps that were not corrupted with 8 mods even though I am running the sextant that should make them drop as such. Is this a know bug or something? Pretty annoying when you get lucky on the league mechanic and then only get 1 or 2 abysses.
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2024, 5:25:45 AM
I had a wierd issue aswell and i googled it and found your post.

I used 1 gilded an the abyss option from map device, that should guarantee atleast 2. I just did a map and i had 0. Not even 1 abyss. Not sure its bugged or not, or wierd interaction with some other league mechanic.
I don't know the specific / technical reasoning, but maps can only spawn so many mechanics. If there are too many, some will not appear in the map. This is more noticeable in maps like City Square.

The map drops were probably from specific sources which aren't affected by the sextant.

have this issue consistently as well... supposed to be 3 abyss and a lot of times it is only 1 or 2
I have the same issue, guaranteed 3, then when i explore the maps, only 2 or 1 appear.
Having the same issue and its really god damn annoying. paying for the abyss map mod and the expensive scarabs and then the game just says "nope"
GG should really take a look at this. its apparently so that each single abyss counts as a map encounter and although you force it the map can just spawn another map encounter like a deli mirror or a ritual randomly (wandering path builds cant block anything) and that random shit you dont want can overwrite the payed for and forced abyss. great mechanic, 10/10 (if it is like I thnk and heard it works) PLEASE GGG fix this. its annoying AF....getting 1 abyss instead of 3 to 4 (or even 4 to 5 with winged scarabs) is frustrating!
cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info