Yanonamsayin - Path of the Polymath Grandmaster

Tala Moana Exiles,

My name is Yanonamsayin and during the Crucible and Affliction leagues (I was sadly unable to join for Ancestor) I had a lot of fun creating builds focused on the juicy 3% More Damage from Polymath. During the Necropolis league I plan to do it all over again but this time with the purpose of creating a unique, engaging and difficult to defeat build for Grandmaster submission. I have had the Grandmaster Export for a decade because I could never make up my mind on what to submit. The recent addition of masteries and polymath has lit a fire under me to finally do so.

I wanted to kick it off by eating the souls of previous Grandmasters but it did not go to plan. You can watch it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nimMgU6BTYk

At this time I do not have a specific build, thus I am not sure if this is the correct forum category. However it will be a Trickster using the Polymath passive and must be capable of completing a tier 16 Hall of Grandmasters map. While I do plan to maintain control of what is ultimately submitted to GGG I will be the first to admit I am an average exile at best. Thus this is an informal request for help from the PoE community and anyone who wants to participate if the construction of a Grandmaster.

The advanced farming, crafting and build theories that I feel will be necessary to make a Grandmaster I am happy with are things I also feel I need to learn more about, even after 10 years. So if your interested in helping me learn, or just watching me struggle, please join me over the next several months to create something I hope the PoE community will enjoying killing, or dying to, in the Hall of Grandmasters.

Thank you,
Yano
Last edited by nyxon23 on Mar 15, 2024, 11:12:39 PM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2024, 3:51:06 PM
I suggest you keep your token and contact an experienced poe content creator like Empyriangaming for help, he has made multiple characters for the hall of the grandmasters over the years and would be able to help you out!
Thank you Dalien!

I would love to work with Empyrian or any of the other amazing content creators in the PoE space. Eventually reaching out to him or others is something I hope to do but want to get my legs under me first. This is as much an effort by myself to be a more active participant in online communities. You can see by my post history there isn't much there and that extends to the internet as a whole.

I am well aware Empyrian and other creators could build a better Grandmaster character than I could, most PoE players probably could make a better one than me. This is also an effort to include those people if they wish to participate. One thing I will certainly not be doing is keeping the token. For whatever reason this has become a thing I must do and must be the director for.

I do want to emphasize my notion that I will be a director, not a dictator, for all this. This comment I made, "While I do plan to maintain control of what is ultimately submitted to GGG", is probably not as restrictive as you may think. The 3 rules I stated are the only ones set in stone. If someone comes up with a build and shares it with me I may use it as they built it but not before spending months having fun during this whole project.

If you or anyone is interested in checking me out I am live on Twitch for a few hours and will be again tomorrow

https://www.twitch.tv/yanonamsayin
Please send me a message here or on your preferred social media platform if interested in this, name is Yanonamsayin across them. I will be dedicating time to this for a few hours on Saturday evenings (8 EDT onwards) for anyone who wants to discuss. I will be online for discussions at other times as well.

I have created a simple Google Sheet for anyone who wants to share a build idea.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aMGLr8wmJjAMR4RGDq_WfK8X7-r6na8AxLdVrq_RAgw/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to chat with me I can hop in your discord or I have also created a Discord server for training to be Grandmaster. https://discord.gg/6c6Xapeb

I hope to meet more of you soon!

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info