Duplication bug - Big concerns

Hi!

Lately I've been having a lot of crashes using Vulkan (it's the only renderer that allows me to play, DX11 or 12 makes the game unplayable for me).
The crashes usually happen when the shader is trying to load something "new" on the instance, it being either me moving to another instance or a player coming in.
I was selling something to another player when he came in. Just before that I was getting in some stuff I got from a map to my stash, and when that player loaded in my hideout I crashed.
Once I logged in again, the last item I stored in my stash was both in my inventory and in the stash (picture below):

In this case it's just a report, but it'd be quite "easy" for anyone to try and force this to happen, maybe to more expensive items (cards, mirrors, maybe even gear?).

I just wanted to raise this as it's concerning that it could theoretically be easily replicated.

Edit: looks like the image doesn't work, it's an Influenced Scouting Report.
Last edited by ImNyaw on Apr 7, 2024, 11:59:14 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2024, 12:50:33 PM
"
ImNyaw wrote:
Hi!

Lately I've been having a lot of crashes using Vulkan (it's the only renderer that allows me to play, DX11 or 12 makes the game unplayable for me).
The crashes usually happen when the shader is trying to load something "new" on the instance, it being either me moving to another instance or a player coming in.
I was selling something to another player when he came in. Just before that I was getting in some stuff I got from a map to my stash, and when that player loaded in my hideout I crashed.
Once I logged in again, the last item I stored in my stash was both in my inventory and in the stash (picture below):

In this case it's just a report, but it'd be quite "easy" for anyone to try and force this to happen, maybe to more expensive items (cards, mirrors, maybe even gear?).

I just wanted to raise this as it's concerning that it could theoretically be easily replicated.

Edit: looks like the image doesn't work, it's an Influenced Scouting Report.

there is your image, tho, it doesnt really help
next time try and open chat and type
"
/bug

and follow the instructions on the screen
so the support can trace it down :)
Last edited by SquareCubiC on Apr 7, 2024, 12:07:29 PM
Sorry I don't really use the forum too much. Will do the /bug thing, thanks!

Edit: The bug report reference number is 869.024.419
Last edited by ImNyaw on Apr 7, 2024, 12:52:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info