Game will not launch from steam without "--nosound" launch option enabled.

After yesterdays hotfix the game will not launch at all from steam, most times just showing that it is "running" in the steam client and then automatically closing a few seconds later. After trying virtually every solution I could find online including, deleting the cache / config, reverting windows updates, reinstalling multiple times, force launching in different resolutions, disabling firewall / antivirus, etc..

The game will now only open with the --nosound launch option enabled in the steam client resulting in obviously having no sound in game. I've also tried using the --softwaresound command after launching with --nosound worked but that also failed. I've installed and re-installed the standalone client multiple times as well which also will not open what so ever.

A few other things I've tried:
-Running Steam and Path of Exile as administrator.
-Changing my render settings from dx11 -> dx12 -> vulkan once in game (restarting after this without the "--nosound" launch option did not work)
-Updating graphics drivers / reverting and trying older versions
-Using --nopreload / --nologo launch options

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Last bumped on Apr 16, 2024, 10:29:04 AM
I've been having a similar issue since yesterday. I was changing from "fullscreen" to "windowed fullscreen". For some reason, it caused the game to crash. Now, the Steam Client won't launch the game. It will send a dialog box, saying (free translation because it comes to me in brazilian portuguese):

"Exception.

Createtexture2D: the device instance GPU was suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine appropriate action. (GetDeviceRemovedReason: an internal problem is not allowing the driver to execute the specific operation. The state of the driver is suspect and the aplication will not continue.)"

My graphics card drivers are up to date. I reinstalled the game multiple times. I've tried to launch the game with commands, but the issue remains. Tried to launch it as adminin, rebooted everything. I tried a lot of possible fixes I found and nothing worked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info