Game crashes randomly on KERNELBASE.dll

When seemingly doing nothing, the game just crashes at random time intervalls.

Windows Event Viewer keeps giving same KERNELBASE.dll error when it happens.

What I already did:

Verify game files in Steam (no difference).
Switch engines I tried both DX11 & 12 no difference.
(no point using Vulkan -> even worse, especially performance)
Fresh Windows install + new install of the game (no difference).
Drivers all up to date.

Note that no other games give the same error or crash; thus rule out a hardware problem or system problem.

Last edited by FutureFear on Apr 12, 2024, 7:45:33 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 5:31:32 AM
what version of the windows at all?

Win 10? 11? which subversion?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Use Standalone. Avoid Steam & Epic Games, as both of these are known to be very unstable.

You do not need to change your config.

Hardware & OS are irrelevant here.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Apr 12, 2024, 9:36:00 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
Use Standalone. Avoid Steam & Epic Games, as both of these are known to be very unstable.

i never crashed for a long time even i use Steam version of POE....

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
what version of the windows at all?

Win 10? 11? which subversion?

Windows 10 home 64 bit version 22H2

"
bvanharjr wrote:

3 years ago the standalone version completely bricked my game and I was forced to play via Steam; so no not touching it again.

The POE Steam client didn't crash last league; at least not until the 3.23.2 patch. Since then these Kernelbase.dll crashes keep happening at random... some days it doesn't... other it's 3 or 4 times in a couple hours.

Same for me, any solution?
"
Bondziornos wrote:
Same for me, any solution?

Thus far nothing.
I know this thread is about 10 days old, but I've been having this problem for almost 2 months now. I swapped to Windows 8 compatibility, which worked for a while. But has ceased to work. Constant crashing at loading screens related to kernelbase.dll on standalone client. I've gone backwards on drivers, updated everything, reinstalled everything including windows. Nothing works. It's very frustrating.
Experiencing exactly what OP described on high end rig.

Looked at the event log, seems my issues are related to this kernelbase.dll thing too:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6627351c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3636, time stamp: 0x326edcef
Exception code: 0xe0000001
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19
Faulting process id: 0x7f7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01da972bffa97570
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a6a8df10-7dd7-4607-9311-b1b92fef6e37
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info