is Summon Phantasm a good minion support?

I link it to ranged AW that both them are physical ranged minion, and I check its data on poeDB and it look like have almost 60% damage to skeleton or AW and as just slower 0.15.

But in battle I feel it's not powerful as I think, especially I feel it shot obviously slower compared to AW.

So I want to directly get a answer:

do Phantasm have enough DPS to regard ranged AW as get a over 45% more damage?
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 12:52:32 PM
no, its not a good support.

infact, looking at poeninja builds of all characters above level 90, in softcore necropolis league (90,000 unique characters)

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis

230 of them use this support. almost none of them have it in their "main" 6link setup.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Apr 21, 2024, 2:12:51 PM
i absolutely love phantasms and they are exceptionally powerful......in the early to mid game.

Once you start to perfect your gear though, they become redundant and unnecessary, making other flat damage supports being better.

The PoE Ninja numbers are somewhat misleading because those are the characters WITH those min/maxed gear builds....I'm sure if you were to drop a tier lower, phantasms make much more of an appearance. They are very easy to scale alongside other duration minions, and use most of the same supports as well.

They just fall way off in damage as you start to really pump out your main minions.
i would honestly, never use it

because, consider:

it doesnt do ANYTHING until your linked skill KILLS SOMETHING

what good is an extra minion after the fight is over? and if your main skill is having TROUBLE killing things, give it a support that actually adds damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info