DC'ing randomly during maps

DC wipes all portals, eats the map and scarabs and resets my inventory as if i picked up nothing....

only been happening last 3 days, and no settings have been altered or changed in any way.....
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 7:46:17 PM
When you DC and go to log back in, is it straight after the DC? (you may experience a stall logging in where it boots you back to the login screen but after that it should log you in)?

The items in your inventory are periodically saved or automatically saved when you put them in your stash, there are ocasions where the game has not saved when a DC/crash occurs and what happens there, when you log back in it's the the last save the server has (before you had the items)

The other thing, is that there are 3 types of DC,
1. the server going down (you wouldn't be able to log straight back in, and would likely be in a queue)

2. your connection to the game crapping out, there is no direct line to the server, there is usually 12 or more points that can have problems you should be able to log in quickly after a DC like that (your connection may take a slightly different route)

3. an instance crash, which technically isn't a DC, the program governing the instance you are in just had a critical error and the instance went poof, the result of which is you getting kicked to the login screen, it also has the side effect of your portals vanishing (used to actually remain but when you clicked on them they close)
The instance crashes are something that has so many factors, everything from gear, passives, map mods, monster mods, league content scarabs and more all working together, sometimes there are combinations that don't work and thats what kills the instance, it's also something the fix when they find new ones, though every league adds new ones and every patch note has "fixed an instance crash" or 5 in there.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
same thing has been happening to me the past few days. dc to main menu and when i go back all the portals to the map are gone. happened while fighting a harbinger, different map doing an ultimatum, inside an incursion... seems to dc me while in combat. i afk'd at the entrance of a map for 45 minutes with no dc.

inventory and gem xp resets after the dc. im using a transfigured mirror arrow guardian on necropolis. i tried playing a different character on standard with the same atlas tree and i did 5 maps with no dc.

/edit, seems okay now after a couple days of only doing 1 map per day to check if it was happening. a few days in i finally did 2 maps without a dc. switched to a different atlas tree to check if it was something i added but after actually finishing a map on the 2nd tree i went back to the one that was giving me trouble and finished a map from that one too.
Last edited by Izzu on Apr 30, 2024, 10:58:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info