Hex bloom crashes the game/server

Hi Goodday,

I use hexbloom linked with bane + 4 curses, this crashes the game quite frequently if I curse a larger pack of monsters.
And it's not very nice for the game servers.

What happens is when I curse like 10 monsters and when they die, all those 10 monsters have 4 curses on them and they will prolif to all other monsters on the screen individually.
So if there's like 10 other monsters on the screen all those other monsters will get 4 curses from echt mob that died, so 40 curse application on 1 mob, * 10 = 400.
So 10 monsters get 400 applications of curses.

A pack of 20 monsters isn't so bad but once there are a bunch more from even a shrine. the game will just crash.

if there are 50 monsters around a shrine and I curse 10 of them, the other 40 get 10 * 4 * 50 = 2000 curse applications on them. (And then they explode and prolif 50 * 40 *.. some more)
For me this happens at all large packs from shrines, blight, expeditions, breach etc.

I think giving the skill a cooldown of like 0.1sec so only 1 monster in a pack can proliff their curses or something like that would pretty much just fix the issue without nerfing the skill, and would make the servers a bit happier too I think.

Thank you for reading! have a good day.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2024, 9:52:02 PM
Thanks for your report, I'll pass this on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info