Why do all the Melee Weapons drop from Uber version of bosses?

Nobody plays melee in the game. Even Jonathan Rogers said, in the interview with Josh Strife Hayes, melee sucks in PoE1.

So why are melee weapons gated behind content almost nobody does with melee or even can do with melee? And if the numbers are correct with a laughable drop chance. Just look at the amount of this weapons on PoE trade after 1 Month in the league.

Examples: Savior = Uber Sirius, Starforge = Uber Shaper, Voidforge = Uber Uber Elder

Me as melee enjoyer in every game, i am sad every patch.

Nerf cleave range buff corps HP = buff DD .... at this point this must be a internal joke or there is nobody at GGG PoE1 that like/care about melee anyway.

I dont understand the reason/idea, can please someone explaine?

Last bumped on May 3, 2024, 3:26:22 AM
"
I dont understand the reason/idea, can please someone explaine?

I think you already understand based on your statement:

"
at this point this must be a internal joke or there is nobody at GGG PoE1 that like/care about melee anyway.

An excuse of ignorance works for some time, but not in a game that you have devoted years of your life developing. The twitch and ARPG communities love making the joke about D4 "do the devs even play their own game?" but it seems the same joke can be applied to melee (and some other like minion) archetypes in modern POE.

At some point one must assume that a certain design path is intentional and not accidental or out of ignorance.

For example, someone designed the new anti-melee uber fights this patch, someone else looked over it, then approved it, and had it launched. It didn't happen overnight by accident.

I particularly like how the new fortify bracers were added to Uber Exarch who is hilariously anti-melee.

The even more horrible recent POE2 melee playthroughs further solidify the assumption that such things are intentional.
One of the main devs doesn't even know what fortify is called. That should tell you all you need to know.

Melee is literally the forgotten child in the back seat of the car in the summer.
Make melee great again : )

There are some fun melee builds, but you have to work 100 times harder to do the content half as good or still cant do it.

For example this league i played DS of Ambidexterity and MS. Really fun builds/gems, but the gear and skill requirement compaired to good spells or dd is crazy.

"
Brahe2k18 wrote:
Make melee great again : )

There are some fun melee builds, but you have to work 100 times harder to do the content half as good or still cant do it.

For example this league i played DS of Ambidexterity and MS. Really fun builds/gems, but the gear and skill requirement compaired to good spells or dd is crazy.

Melee was great whenever they introduced trauma, and we had divergent trauma and phantasmal ancestral protector.
Totem reliance is the biggest issue to me.
Melee weapons drop from Ubers so there is some junk in their loot pool. They can’t all be winners.
Players shouldn't need specific uniques to do something as broad as "melee" in the first place. GGG should be able to delete these items from the game entirely and still have a huge variety of builds available.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info