HC Build Variety

The HC Leaguestart build variety is the lowest it has ever been. The viable options are basically detonate dead and COC detonate dead. Please balance this.

Thank You!
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 3:56:16 PM
The game is not balanced around HC.
There are a couple more viable options but most player prefer to be full meta tryhards.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Apr 28, 2024, 12:47:53 PM
"
The HC Leaguestart build variety is the lowest it has ever been. The viable options are basically detonate dead and COC detonate dead. Please balance this.

Thank You!

Do we play the same game? This season's league starters in HCSSF were

- DD Necro
- EA Champ
- Ball Lightning Hiero
- Boneshatter Jugg
- Ice Nova Hiero
- Explo Trap Trickster
- BAMA Guardian
- SRS Necro / Guardian

And plenty more to go around. DD was leading in both HC and SC because duh, it's very strong. But let's not pretend HC has less diversity than last league where everyone played DD Chieftain
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"

Thank You!

Do we play the same game? This season's league starters in HCSSF were

- DD Necro
- EA Champ
- Ball Lightning Hiero
- Boneshatter Jugg
- Ice Nova Hiero
- Explo Trap Trickster
- BAMA Guardian
- SRS Necro / Guardian

And plenty more to go around. DD was leading in both HC and SC because duh, it's very strong. But let's not pretend HC has less diversity than last league where everyone played DD Chieftain

To be fair, other than the archmage stuff. and traps being stupid. I think everyone in hc has already played those other builds 7-8 different times.

Bama may be the exception. i still havent played it but anything that requires spectres irritates me.

This is technically a "me" problem. but playing the same stuff over and over is kinda whatever. I don't think the game will be super fun for me until we have melee meta changes. Weird when a 4-5m dps dual strike champ that has a lot of buttons is the most fun I can have right now.
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
To be fair, other than the archmage stuff. and traps being stupid. I think everyone in hc has already played those other builds 7-8 different times.

Bama may be the exception. i still havent played it but anything that requires spectres irritates me.

This is technically a "me" problem. but playing the same stuff over and over is kinda whatever. I don't think the game will be super fun for me until we have melee meta changes. Weird when a 4-5m dps dual strike champ that has a lot of buttons is the most fun I can have right now.

I played both a DD Necro and a Ball Lightning Hiero to level 100 in SSFHC, a Firetrap Trickster to 95 and currently on an EA Champ that is Level 91 (will be Lightning SRS Champion later once I have farmed a Diadem). Doing prep-work for a Frostblades of Katabasis Trickster which looks really fun to play (besides being tanky of course) and I found a Darkscorn, which would work well with Poison BAMA Necro, Occy or Guardian (haven't decided yet).

Variety comes from what you want to play. I tend to work with what I find and make decisions around that, but that's me. Some people like playing the same build over and over again
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
its not the starters where HC build variety suffers you can basically do the starter route as any mild overperformer if you are willing to take slightly longer to get there (which really doesn't have that much of a cost compared to SC)

Make this post about the fact you have to go through 4-5 identical gates on any character at late game and i'll agree and add some commentary but it really isn't a problem initially.

I league started as bladefall of impaling champ for reference like a real idiot ^^ but it was still working fine
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:

I played both a DD Necro and a Ball Lightning Hiero to level 100 in SSFHC, a Firetrap Trickster to 95 and currently on an EA Champ that is Level 91 (will be Lightning SRS Champion later once I have farmed a Diadem). Doing prep-work for a Frostblades of Katabasis Trickster which looks really fun to play (besides being tanky of course) and I found a Darkscorn, which would work well with Poison BAMA Necro, Occy or Guardian (haven't decided yet).

Variety comes from what you want to play. I tend to work with what I find and make decisions around that, but that's me. Some people like playing the same build over and over again

My personal problem is that dd is boring, i hate boneshatter and trap/mines and ive played ea champ 9 too many times the last 3 years. SRS puts me to sleep, i try one every league and i never make it very far before i fall asleep every 45s. If they didn't ruin call to arms i would make gen cry shield crush for sanctum farming but i think it maybe a waste of time. I havent tried it yet. My jugg has a near mirror tier despot axe and i still cant play it without hating it.

I prefer to league start melee but its a waste of time with respect to voidstones unless you want a long fight.

I league started archmage and i could have done voidstones with a blind fold on compared to sweating on a melee character with 2m dps on league start.

It really comes down to how many times do you want to rip trying to get your voidstones. If that is your first goal ofc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info