Spectres. Buff them. Hard!

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1bv7l0p/review_of_all_new_t17_spectres_the_best_spectre/

Quote from Deadandlivin:
"
Kinda sad how the entire Spectre Archetype was destroyed for the sins of Syndicate Operative shotgunning.

Patch after patch Spectres got global nerfs to the skill gem affecting all Spectres to the point where they just aren't comparable to other minions, let alone actually strong builds.
And it all happened because Syndicate Operatives were super strong since they scaled like 15 projectiles per auto attack. So instead of targeting this specific Spectre they nerfed all spectres over the span of a year. Then when they finally put Operatives into the grave by removing it's shotgun ability the Spectre for carry archetype died.

Ever since that happened there has only really been one good damage dealing spectre which was Forged Frost bearers. And why was it good? because it had the ability to shotgun obviously.
It's sucks that the viability of Spectres now hinges on the crutch of shotgunning because their base damage is so low due to numerous nerfs to their levels.

- you don't bother to undo your nerfs for previously used spectres, e.g. Redemption Sentry
- we need a ~500% (at least) increase of base damage to have the more viable spectres get into the damage numbers of other minions
- the spectre level the gem provides should be buffed by at least 5 on level 20, meaning that we have level ~80 spectres on gem level 25.
- as a reminder: the idea behind the gem is that we can utilize map monsters to do our bidding. It's FUN to mix different spectres using similiar abilities or to use some T2/3 spectres for their cool abilities. Why can't we have FUN when all other minions are inherently far stronger than any spectre?
Last edited by Funkjoker on Apr 28, 2024, 3:56:08 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 6:57:38 PM
+1

This league GGG introduced new Wraithlord helm and 30 new spectres.

I wasn't impressed with spectres even with legacy gear.

I got baited hard by GGG.
Pour one out for my Syndicate homies.

Complex PoE mechanics are getting Diablofied.

GGG: What's better than stable income? Random income of course.
Last edited by zakalwe55 on Apr 28, 2024, 7:00:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info