Where are the Dagger slams?

Daggers seem to have such limited use in melee right now. I want to suggest that this at least partially due to skill availability. As an example a one hand sword can use ~90 attack skills while a dagger can use about 50.

Entire archetypes are completely unavailable to Daggers which drastically limits their use case. I honestly think the dagger masteries and unique support skills like nightblade are fun additions to the game but daggers seem to be pigeonholed into "attack many many times per second or don't bother".

Master Distiller for example would synergize very well with slow attack rate slams (reducing the number of flask charges drained by this extremely unpopular notable). Not to mention the right side of the tree, especially with daggers, lends itself to huge amounts of crit scaling which is perfect for slow warcry slams. IMO Perforate would be thematically a great slam to have access too. I would like to submit Perforate of Cutlery as a potential skill gem name.

I'm ready to be brutally roasted for this hot take
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2024, 11:43:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea since you die instantly without suppression cap, so right side builds are stupidly favored, especially in T17. More melee options for shadow and ranger will be nice.
Last edited by mnieradko on Apr 28, 2024, 5:54:38 PM
daggers shouldnt even be considered for slams. it makes no sense.

daggers should all have 1.4 attack speed *or higher*. theyre not slam weapons
What kind of shockwave do you reckon a dagger should be able to produce?

My personal guess: none
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I mean if we're talking about the realism of a dagger shockwave, what kind of shockwave does a 1H sword make?

It's a game about magic and perforate produces magic blades from the ground instead of a shockwave so it really stretch the imagination that a transfigured version of the gem could produce daggers from the ground?
Ah, I can field this question.

Slams are STR based attacks, and daggers are dex/int weapons and can't be used with STR based attacks.
IGN : Reamus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info