Lightning Tendrils

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 7, 2023, 12:08:54 PM
Awesome Skill. Will certainly replace Flameblast as leveling skill for me. Havent leveled this fast with any skill before.

LT + add light + added cold = super fat lvling.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Oct 23, 2014, 12:30:34 AM
I really like this skill, it's Incinerate but it can crit. Whipped this dude up in anticipation of this gem coming out, took a bunch of Chance to Shock and crit chance nodes, pathing into AOE nodes as we speak. Cast speed is your friend and Shock Duration nodes seem necessary because the base damage is so low. Yeah the base crit chance is only 5% but when it crits it does 4 times and hits like a train. 6L Carcass Jack end game or bust because AOE, probably want to go CI if I can afford it. Still testing Gem combos, Added Chaos is nice, Spell Echo is okay but it roots you in place for a long time, probably want to run Conc. Effect when you get the AOE nodes and Carcass Jack online, and adding a Knock Back gem is safe, funny, and silly. Cheers.
sofar so good, likeing this skill useing a shadow right now lvl 16 doing 225 dps without anything added yet
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
The skill numbers and diversity look good, and its fun to see lightning get a real AOE skill, most lightning skills are just random single target *fake* AOE.

My only issue with the skill is that the animation is not very clear in the targetted zone and doenst visually represent the actual feel of the skill well. Hopefully some added particles or shaders can make this skill feel more impactful.

Skills like Flameblast, Tornado Shot, Groundslam, they have very clear and satisfying noises and animations. This one feels just a tad lackluster.
I agree, and the Sound Effect needs improvement, it sounds weak and gets annoying fast.
I wonder why LT can't be supported by trigger gems ?
Skill effect is really hard to see, not very noticeable. Kinda disappointed by it.

So it's basically just a cone of channeled lightning, like an incinerate that isn't a projectile? Basically, to compare, the same thing as the Diablo 3 Wizard's Arc Lightning modification on Electrocute.

Such a weird skill to add.
Last edited by Crevox on Oct 23, 2014, 2:19:00 AM
Is it a bug that it can't be supported with cast on crit ? or is it intended mechanic
I'm trying to like this skill but it confuses me.

You have to stand still to cast it, so you will need to take damage. Life leech doesn't have much synergy with this spell though. For starters, low damage effectiveness and fast hits does not help. Lightnings natural damage spread hurts even more.

Do all 4 hits do the same damage? (That would make it even worst for life leech)

If I can't leech health how do you expect me to stand still and channel?

That pushes the spell into a normal mob aoe clearing skill. But the area is rather limited so I have to stack aoe nodes until I can get an increased aoe gem. (Which I really don't like to do because there are plenty of other aoe skills that do not need the nodes.)

So that about does it for my thoughts. I have no idea what makes this skill special.

<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info