Lightning Tendrils

How is Lighting Tendrils after the big buffs in patch 3.6.0? After using it a little bit, I still feel like the base AoE should be bigger. Not sure about the damage. Even at skill gem level 20, the radius will not even outdo Ice Nova's 30. A bit sad.

Lightning Tendrils seems to be stuck in a weird place of being small AoE (aka not as good as other dedicated AoE skills) that also does low single-target damage (aka not as good as raw single target DPS skills).

Last edited by Ymirok on Feb 1, 2021, 4:43:26 AM
"
Ymirok wrote:
How is Lighting Tendrils after the big buffs in patch 3.6.0? After using it a little bit, I still feel like the base AoE should be bigger. Not sure about the damage. Even at skill gem level 20, the radius will not even outdo Ice Nova's 30. A bit sad.

Lightning Tendrils seems to be stuck in a weird place of being small AoE (aka not as good as other dedicated AoE skills) that also does low single-target damage (aka not as good as raw single target DPS skills).

Yep. I think they should give it a similar treatment to Incinerate, give it stages and extra radius per stage. It already has the "strong pulse" mechanic so maybe make those more frequent at max stages / per stage, maybe also make it give you stun immunity while at max stages just for extra QoL. Overall I think the damage numbers are fine with the powercreep today (Yes even without OP Harvest) but more QoL would be nice.
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
old Lightning Tendrils was so mutch better - GIVE IT BACK - TYvm
does lightning tendrils actually hit or is it considered a channel spell like blight im assuming it actually hits as the gem says on the bigger pulse extra damage on ailments and hits
It hits and increases/reductions to cast speed affect how often it does so.

With the new rework every 3rd hit will be a guaranteed critical strike as well so you could use that for things as the Elemental overload keystone, Cast on crit support, the crit mastery for 50% increased effect of ailments from crits, or other items/gems .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info