Lightning Tendrils

Is it really 4 hits? I have tested several times and I believe that it's 3 hits per cast. It makes added xxx damage meaningless. Also, for life leech...spells with many but small hits are all bad in life leech. There should be something like spell version of life gain on hit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Oct 23, 2014, 3:23:04 AM
First feedback after an hour or so :

Damage looks allright. Not on small single targets tho :(

The AOE could be increased a bit. Even with templar + witch nodes i barely outrange archers.

I have to agree with previous guys when they say that art/sound doesn't feels right tho :(
I looks projectile but is aoe, we can't clearly see the radius/cone. And that noise -_-
Don't feel powerfull when using this skill. I feel i'm throwing moskitos with a broken lightbulb noise ^^
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
What, no CoC ? Has to be a bug... Come on GGG, please fix this soon, I had...plans...

Edit : just tried it, and indeed, doesn't work with coc.
Last edited by Cynry on Oct 23, 2014, 6:53:54 AM
I can't say I was hyped for the skill but it still is kind of disappointing. The guys above told you why, and want to add:
The desync is strong in this one!since you get rooted for nearly 2 seconds when casting with echo every second cast u get desynced. Really annoying.
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

Ok i was about to talk about desync but i thought it was only me...

As Charan and Meerkatz said, desync is simply out of control with tendrils ! Cone is super small and most of the time enemies inside it aren't hit...

The more i use it the more i see this skill as an equivalent of flame surge. Tried Concentrated effect and won't do it for me. Don't want to play melee when i play caster.

Will reach 65 for the challenge with this skill but i don't think i'll keep going after that point because of in the order :

Desync
Lack of range
Noise
Lack of satisfaction

Edit : 1 or 2% radius would be way more interesting with quality rather than damage.
Last edited by Kagari on Oct 23, 2014, 7:58:47 AM
Range is a really serious issue. I will take this skill as a AoE version of incinerate. However, this skill has no stack with fair base damage and no shotgun. With a skill with lower single target dps, I would expect it to have larger range. Nevertheless, the range is still worst than incinerate (especially with 20Q incinerate).
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"
Opinionated wrote:
Life leech doesn't have much synergy with this spell though. For starters, low damage effectiveness and fast hits does not help.

But it doesn't hurt either.

1 Hit/sec, 1000 Damage, 5% Leech = 200 Leech per second
10 Hits/sec, 100 Damage, 5% Leech = 200 Leech per second

High hit rates don't magically make Leech weaker. The only thing that matters is whether you can land another Hit before the previous Leech effect ends, and this is easier with staggered Hits (Spectral Throw) than with simultaneous hits (Melee Splash).

With sufficient Attack/Cast Speed, any amount of Damage can provide constant Leech.

-------
(lv3 Empower is hardly representative of regular leveling)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 23, 2014, 9:12:21 AM
All that being said, i'm currently at the end of cruel, and i must admit that i'm blasting through everything.

5L setup is tendrils, echo, fast casting, empower (3), light pen.
6th will be at lvl 55 and it will be inc AOE.

Damage is really strong, when it doesn't desync ^^
My first thought when using this skill was:

Why is there lightning coming out of my armpits?
Last edited by Waves_blade on Oct 23, 2014, 9:30:07 AM
"
Kagari wrote:
All that being said, i'm currently at the end of cruel, and i must admit that i'm blasting through everything.

5L setup is tendrils, echo, fast casting, empower (3), light pen.
6th will be at lvl 55 and it will be inc AOE.

Damage is really strong, when it doesn't desync ^^

I think using Increased AoE + Concentrated Effect will be stronger than fast casting + light pen.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info