Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
morbiuz666 wrote:
Sorry for the somewhat wall of text!

For the add elemental damage to spells, does it have to be lightning or would we still benefit from any additional damage at all? I'm guessing the latter but we prefer lightning for the higher range maybe?

Also, rolls on jewels like x% cold damage; since half our lightning gets converted to cold I'm assuming this roll is just as good as x% lightning damage? Maybe better since we have higher cold penetration? Or is it only lightning that benefits us?

I've finally managed to get the last 2 ascendancy points and gotten Mastermind of Discord now. Personally, I love the damage burst but I find the skills juggling is a bit of a nightmare (I have very bad reflexes and hand-eye co-ordination). I died multiple times as I couldn't switch in time from managing skills to flasks.

So in my attempt to reduce button pressing I've tried the following:

a) swapped Orb of Storms cluster to Power Charge On Critical Support + Frost Bomb + Increased Duration Support (initially recoloured to red for totem) + Blind Support/Culling Strike Support and swapped Lightning Warp for Flame Dash.

b) as above but Firestorm instead of Frost Bomb and went back to Lightning Warp for movement.

I didn't quite enjoy setup a, Frost Bomb takes too long to go off and the cooldown is a pain. Also, does Flame Dash have a shorter radius compared to Lightning Warp or am I just not used to it? I couldn't jump across safe platform spots in the fire trials with Flame Dash?

Currently testing Firestorm but I don't have higher maps so I don't know if it's viable. Mobs melt too fast in the lower levels to be a good gauge. More or less given up on slotting in additional cold skill for now. What do you guys think, is Firestorm ok or should I use another fire AoE instead?

I wish they'd either make Mastermind of Discord work with damage rather than skills or give us an ice movement skill or give Flame Dash a wider radius(?).

frost bomb doesnt need to go off, the damage is imo insignificant compared to arc, as long as you cast frost bomb, you get the penetration. flame dash is horrible imo... the fire totem damage is pretty sweet
Last edited by owa on Oct 12, 2016, 8:34:00 AM
10 vaaled arcs and nothing >_<
totem wise, I am conflicted right now as I work on T9 maps.

Decoy totem CAN be useful against bosses, if it survives more than a couple seconds. Sometimes it does, and when that happens, bosses are easy to run down.

Other bosses wipe it within a second (I'm thinking the Orchard map, that was a horribly painful fight).

Because this is my first experience with the game, I'm sorta learning things the hard way with bosses.

I've got both a level 19 decoy and fire totem. The DPS from the fire totem is actually good, but again, the trick is how long will it stay up?

I'm trying to gut my way to level 89 somehow, so I can increase my crit rate/multiplier on spells. About halfway to 87 but keep dying once to new boss mechanics I'm unfamiliar with. Also, despite having now 60/125 bonus, I don't get level 9/10 maps to drop for crap so far. I had zero probelm with maps through T8.
"
SAFFR wrote:
10 vaaled arcs and nothing >_<

damn, im leveling only 4 myself... so far still level 18 ....

"
GilliesSWTOR wrote:
totem wise, I am conflicted right now as I work on T9 maps.

Decoy totem CAN be useful against bosses, if it survives more than a couple seconds. Sometimes it does, and when that happens, bosses are easy to run down.

Other bosses wipe it within a second (I'm thinking the Orchard map, that was a horribly painful fight).

Because this is my first experience with the game, I'm sorta learning things the hard way with bosses.

I've got both a level 19 decoy and fire totem. The DPS from the fire totem is actually good, but again, the trick is how long will it stay up?

I'm trying to gut my way to level 89 somehow, so I can increase my crit rate/multiplier on spells. About halfway to 87 but keep dying once to new boss mechanics I'm unfamiliar with. Also, despite having now 60/125 bonus, I don't get level 9/10 maps to drop for crap so far. I had zero probelm with maps through T8.

what gear do you have? the fire totem isnt there for DPS, it is there to give you spell penetration, any additional dps from it is just a bonus.
I thought my character was visible?

edit 2: Ok, finally figuring it out. Never thought to look below my character for the post.

Gear issues I see:

1) The Amulet: I can't ditch it, because of my need for strength and dexterity.

Switching to Maligaro Gloves might help that (honestly, I was thinking of buying a pair anyway, in hopes maybe it'll produce more DPS). I wish there was a website that let you compare DPS across statistics, so, for example, would Maligaro Gloves with 50% crit and 35% multiplier add DPS over my existing facebreakers? I have no idea currently.

2) My second ring: I keep looking for a noticeably superior one for 10-15 chaos, and can't find one. I'm periodically looking.

When I look at enki's main character DPS/stats, the key difference is crit rate. Mine is like 40ish %, default unbuffed, and his is like 55%. There probably is other considerations too, but that's the one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb. I just have no idea how the difference is so dramatic.

My gems are virtually all level 19, and will be for quite some time.
Last edited by GilliesSWTOR on Oct 12, 2016, 1:45:11 PM
imho you wands could be better too, both of them carry useless stats:

added ice damage to spells isnt that much
added fire damage, useless
critical strike chance, useless
+2 level of socketed fire gems, useless
23 maximum mana, not that bad but there are better stats on a wand.

check this search: http://poe.trade/search/ihoatonareakar

i would definitely buy maligaros, they are super cheap right now
"
owa wrote:
imho you wands could be better too, both of them carry useless stats:

added ice damage to spells isnt that much
added fire damage, useless
critical strike chance, useless
+2 level of socketed fire gems, useless
23 maximum mana, not that bad but there are better stats on a wand.

check this search: http://poe.trade/search/ihoatonareakar

i would definitely buy maligaros, they are super cheap right now

See, this is the kind of thing I couldn't wrap my head around.

When I bought wands, I looked for crit chance on spells, spell damage, and cast speed.

This is great, thanks!
OK, bought some 50/35 Maligaro's. They dropped my tooltip DPS by about 2500. I went from unbuffed 35655 to 32920.

So that was a bit of a waste, the facebreakers are better raw DPS, save for the dexterity Maligaro's have. I'll keep them around in case I can get a better amulet thanks to it.
Last edited by GilliesSWTOR on Oct 12, 2016, 11:23:18 PM
"
Sectiplave wrote:
@Owa; Fixed my OP with working image link, it shows +25% lightning penetration, +61% Cold Penetration and +25% fire penetration.

It is easy to maintain these buffs with 100% up time on bosses with flame totem and frost bomb, and the skills themselves help with single target damage, so not only do bosses die very quickly, the DPS boost obviously helps with life leech returns. It's easy to forget Warlords Mark is a curse and we only have around 1.32% life leech against map bsses with a 20% quality Blasphemy Gem.

Yes I was having the same issue with hard hitting physical bosses being the cause of my RIP's lately, hence me testing out sacrificing some life and mana for +10% curse effect and running dual curse with Enfeeble. It's still in the testing stages but so far I feel the chan

heya. can you post your skill tree for those changes? also gear setup. i really enjoy enfeeble and would like to see how you worked it into the build.
still really interested in seeing the 2x curse fire totem variant

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info