Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Dehogyde wrote:
Hello. Today buy a second six-link Pledge for Ball Lightning. In the five link I have Ball Lightning, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Penetration, Slower Projectiles and Life Leech. Now what i put to the 6th socket? Concentrated Effect is not working with Ball Lightning. So Empower, Faster casting, Innervate, Added Lightning Damamge, Power Charge On Critical, OR Item Rarity/Quantity, Culling Strike?

Added Lightning Damage would be the best choice.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki, I just killed kitava in act 10 .

My question is , I'm now gonna start mapping. And I looked at switching out gear for pledge of hands or something else, but I realized my resists will sink if I do so. How significant are resists? What would be the best order of business.

Uh, great guide, this witch is my favorite character, I also made a cyclone marauder but I don't like to play him anymore because I prefer this one :)
Last edited by dirkw83 on Oct 11, 2017, 4:00:45 PM
"
dirkw83 wrote:
Hey Enki, I just killed kitava in act 10 .

My question is , I'm now gonna start mapping. And I looked at switching out gear for pledge of hands or something else, but I realized my resists will sink if I do so. How significant are resists? What would be the best order of business.

Uh, great guide, this witch is my favorite character, I also made a cyclone marauder but I don't like to play him anymore because I prefer this one :)

The game is balanced around 75% elemental resistance, so all three should be capped at that. Chaos res doesn't matter as much, usually the bit we get from tree and Ascendancy is enough together with an Atziri's Promise or one chaos res roll on gear.

If you haven't got it yet, Commander of Darkness from our Ascendancy gives a decent boost to ele res. When shopping for gear keep in mind that masters can craft a good amount of resistances if there's an open suffix. This can be difficult to figure out at first, but if you keep comparing with all possible rolls for that gearslot on sites like poeaffix.net you will eventually figure it out.

Get yourself a solid gearset and maybe Kitava's Thirst + Fevered Mind first, then just keep farming and eventually upgrade all gearslots one by one if needed. I'd also recommend to farm a 5L Staff in Jungle Valley maps to get started, until you can afford a 5L Pledge.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Oct 11, 2017, 4:38:51 PM
Enki - Thanks that is very helpful, I am already moving along with things :)

Few more questions if you don't mind. Seems like fevered mind increases mana cost for all skills. For instance my level 17 Flame Dash costs 60 mana right now. Same for Bone Offering. So doesn't allow this jewel for us to level Arcane Surge beyond level 8?

Also, just thinking, isn't a 4 socket Pledge of Hands a better investment than a 5 link rare (or magic)? Because you get a higher level echo + the nice other mods on PoH. And 3 blue 1 red is not so expensive.

And finally, how necessary is Life Leech really? Because if I'm correct you forego it on your final build. And we already leech a lot from BO and WM. What about Added Lightning Damage, or Innervate? Those two gems seem pretty solid. What do you think?

Last edited by dirkw83 on Oct 12, 2017, 8:07:16 AM
"
dirkw83 wrote:
Enki - Thanks that is very helpful, I am already moving along with things :)

Few more questions if you don't mind. Seems like fevered mind increases mana cost for all skills. For instance my level 17 Flame Dash costs 60 mana right now. Same for Bone Offering. So doesn't allow this jewel for us to level Arcane Surge beyond level 8?

Also, just thinking, isn't a 4 socket Pledge of Hands a better investment than a 5 link rare (or magic)? Because you get a higher level echo + the nice other mods on PoH. And 3 blue 1 red is not so expensive.

And finally, how necessary is Life Leech really? Because if I'm correct you forego it on your final build. And we already leech a lot from BO and WM. What about Added Lightning Damage, or Innervate? Those two gems seem pretty solid. What do you think?

Basically yeah, you can level Arcane Surge a bit higher with Fevered Mind, but since there's a point where you can ditch that jewel you'd also need a new Arcane Surge gem. Doesn't matter much in this case since we don't need quality and Lv8 is pretty low, but i just kept it like this in the guide to avoid any confusion.

4L Pledge does work too, i forgot how cheap they are by now. Life Leech can be really helpful when your damage is still too low to reach leech cap with Warlords Mark, especially at bosses which have reduced curse effect, or even needed to leech at all in hexproof maps. If you can work around that, Added Lightning Damage would surely work, but for the highend setup you definitely want Empower in that slot.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks for your response =) Gotcha on the arcane surge. I took your advice and went for the life leech in 5th socket, in a magic +2 staff. Do you think a 4 socket PoH would be better than +2 lightning ? At first it seemed like a no brainer to me but now I'm doubting it. On the other hand, Ball Lightning would benefit from the PoH.
Last edited by dirkw83 on Oct 12, 2017, 2:54:43 PM
"
dirkw83 wrote:
Thanks for your response =) Gotcha on the arcane surge. I took your advice and went for the life leech in 5th socket, in a magic +2 staff. Do you think a 4 socket PoH would be better than +2 lightning ? At first it seemed like a no brainer to me but now I'm doubting it. On the other hand, Ball Lightning would benefit from the PoH.

Pledge would be the overall better choice.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thx :) You are a legend :)
I'm completely new to crafting.

Is it better to buy gloves/boots/chest/belts from others or craft them myself?

I know better can mean time spent or currency spent. I'm kinda poor on both. x(
I only have around 200c and play only 45mins a day.
How much better is a 6L Pledge of Hands against a 6L rare I would craft (25c for the base plus crafting)?
I have a bit less then 6exalt, but can't find anyone who would sell their Pledge currently.

Is it like a big boost? and shall I keep trying?

(edit: or alternatively there is 6L Agnerod West for 5exalt)
Last edited by NiNcsszaM on Oct 13, 2017, 9:11:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info